Latest Premium Bluetooth Module

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Re: Latest Premium Bluetooth Module

Post by dimexi »

Just an update for anyone interested:

I started the installation today, and I am thinking I should have waited till the weekend.

If I didn't have the Bury Kit, I would have been done by now!!!

I have the mic in the roof, and the wires through the sun visor lamp... However, the problem started there.

I then decided I'd take out the Bury kit..... It must have been installed from the manufacturer! There are cable ties in places your hands can't physically reach! Also, I think they have spliced the Bury wires into the RCD510 harness, it is difficult to know which is which! I have taken out most of it, but can't get the wires back through the fusebox. It's highly frustrating. So I've had to close up for now, my bury kit is non-functional, and I don't think I will be hooking it back up.

Has anyone had the same problems? uninstalling the bury kit?

I did an autoscan on VCDS, and I have a few errors on sporadic communication, but the car and RCD work fine, I am guess this was because I disconnected the unit and operated the ignition to test the lights.
maq
Options: 19" Black Luganos/Style Pack, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensor, RNS-510 + VIM patch, VW Bluetooth & A2DP, Cruise Control, Aluminium Pedals

Post by maq »

Hey Dimexi,

http://www.my-gti.com/1313/volkswagen-r ... ssignments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take a look at the pin assignments. If this is actually wired into the harness (and the original ISO connector from the car loom, ie its not an extended loom like you get with the VW OEM kit) then the link above will help you identify which wires you need to remove. It's much easier than it looks as the iso connector is really just made up of smaller block connectors which pop out, and then the wires detach from the blocks with a simple small screw driver to push the catch on each pin...
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Hey Maq,
Yeah, I have the pin connector diagram, and that was my first plan of action.
I will have to continue on Saturday - my first priority is to completely strip out the bury kit, the wire ties are buried in an around the steering wheel column, I will try to locate all and take out, then I will address the loom.

Thanks for your help :D
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Update:
I have got the old system out! In quite a crude manner, but it's out now. I have now hit another wall and I might post my latest problems in another thread.

Right, here it goes!
I got the A pillar loose, and pull down the roof trim; however, there seems to be something in the way. I haven't actually taken a picture (I forgot :(), but it looks like wiring that has been covered up. So there is no way I can poke the mic adapter through.

I was going to completely take of the A-Pillar, but I got a bit scared! It took quite a lot of fiddling and force to get it half out, so I thought I was going to break something.

My question to ANYONE that has fed the mic through the roof; how did you get it through?!

Also, I was going to remove the driver (Jesus) handles in the roof, but I couldn't see screws to take out. How do you take these out?
HowardB
In: Rising Blue
Options: Pano roof, cruise control, LED int. globes, Philips Blue/Extreme Vision main lamps, folding mirrors, retro-fitted RNS-510 & Premium BlueTooth module 7P6035730C, S/S door scuff-plates, black Vienna leather trim, Needle Sweep active!

Post by HowardB »

Hey dimexi,

I used some plastic trim tools to pry the roof trim slightly open and wedged in my mic wire - I didn't "feed" it through, but rather started with the mic wire from the top console, guessed the approximate positioning/length, then worked it under the roof liner on the windscreen side without actually removing the lining, A pillar or door seals. Took a while to do it properly, and none of the wiring is visible and it all works perfectly.
Ordered: 7 Dec 2009 | Build Week: 17 | Build Stage completed: 3 May 2010 | Collected: 7 Jul 2010

Quote: pictures, or it didn't happen! :D
maq
Options: 19" Black Luganos/Style Pack, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensor, RNS-510 + VIM patch, VW Bluetooth & A2DP, Cruise Control, Aluminium Pedals

Post by maq »

Having you tried googling?

The below looks pretty good, but having not done this myself I can't say how comprehensive it is.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=151928.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Hey HowardB - I did think of feeding it from the bottom first, but not sure why I abandoned that plan now :(. I will get it through though, this isn't the biggest snag in the way at the moment.
I think the biggest snag is the fact that the passenger side speaker doesn't work when I plug in my ipod, and the alternator/GPRS whine! Back to the drawing board for now I guess.

Hey Maq - I have been googling for about a month now, I found so much info that I have forgotten some of it. I bookmarked a load of pages, but I think I glossed over the "my left speaker isnt working and I have alternator whine" posts. Which is a shame! I can carefully look over my internet history, also, I will have a look at the link you posted (thanks). I am hoping I havent seen it at all before!

Thanks all. Hopefully, I complete this saga soon!

P.S: Ahh yes Maq, I have seen that link before, it's one of the primary ones I am using! Unfortunately, his "jesus handles" are different from the 'roc ones :(
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

HowardB wrote:Hey dimexi,

I used some plastic trim tools to pry the roof trim slightly open and wedged in my mic wire - I didn't "feed" it through, but rather started with the mic wire from the top console, guessed the approximate positioning/length, then worked it under the roof liner on the windscreen side without actually removing the lining, A pillar or door seals. Took a while to do it properly, and none of the wiring is visible and it all works perfectly.
Actually HowardB, I have been having a bit of a think about your post, because regardless of how you feed in the wire (bottom or top first), I should still be able to get my mic wire out the same way.

Questions:
1) How did you get the wire through the roof without removing the A-Pillar at all? Do you mind doing the massive favour of just taking some sample pictures of where you pried the trim down on your 'roc? Or did you put these photos in a thread? I am really keen to find out

2) Do you have an RCD510 or an RNS510

3) What website did you buy your kit off?
HowardB
In: Rising Blue
Options: Pano roof, cruise control, LED int. globes, Philips Blue/Extreme Vision main lamps, folding mirrors, retro-fitted RNS-510 & Premium BlueTooth module 7P6035730C, S/S door scuff-plates, black Vienna leather trim, Needle Sweep active!

Post by HowardB »

Hey dimexi,
Not at home at the moment, will be back in a few days. Don't think I took photos, but will look.

1) I can't recall exactly, but remember feeding the mic end of the wire through the back of the top center console, from the windscreen side - it was a case of prying the back of the console plastic down while feeding the mic portion under the plastic - if I recall there was a small gap in the plastic that allowed the mic section to fit through quite nicely (you can't see it though, you need to "feel" for it on the windscreen side).
Re the A-pillar, the lining that meets between the pillar and the windscreen, has a small gap - I "pushed" the wire into that gap and it "fell" behind the A-pillar cover - difficult to explain, however I worked from the top down ('cos of gravity) - once the first section of wire is "pushed" between the lining cover and windscreen, I use a rounded plastic tool to "run" down slowly over the wire, pushing it into the gap between the windscreen and the A-pillar - it pops into the space and fits snuggly without having to remove the lining.
The same method was used for the headlining between the top center console and the windscreen - there's a small gap there you can use.

2) RNS510 version C

3)Got it off ebay UK in late 2010 - tried searching for the seller ( *bluewagen* ), but he's no longer trading, and ebay doesn't go back that far on buyer history. The unit was a 7P6035730C and came with the bluetooth module, wire harness and mic
Ordered: 7 Dec 2009 | Build Week: 17 | Build Stage completed: 3 May 2010 | Collected: 7 Jul 2010

Quote: pictures, or it didn't happen! :D
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Thanks for all the info/help HowardB. I think I can visualise what you are saying. I started from the Top console as well, that wasn't a problem actually. The mic is all set in and wired up, then I passed it along the roof lining to the sun visor light hole. Now I have to get it down the A Pillar. I dont think I can use you method, as my mic is already in.
Someone has suggested I take off the whole A-Pillar, I might just have to do that.

Seems you got your kit off the infamous "Spanish" Geezer (bluewagen). I searched for him, but couldn't find - so got mine from the polish one instead (on the vwwatercooled forum, bluetooth kit origins are distinguished by these two pseudonyms).
I emailed him, and he said I should check my connections if the speaker is not working. Maybe I have ignored pushing some clips in I guess. I will try and look into that tomorrow if it isn't raining - with the Mic run, I will get some help if needs be.

Thanks again guys
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Right - Good news and bad news!
I have finally fitted the unit in!! After further internet searches and taking HowardB's advice, I decided I was gonna wedge a coathanger thru the roof lining and try and get it to the sunvisor.. It worked! Anyway, the wires are all tucked away and I finished it all off with the coding.

Bad news: My microphone does NOT work :(, I will post a snippet of my coding, it is the same as the error dstill is getting:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 77: Telephone (J412) Labels: 7P6-035-730.clb
Part No SW: 7P6 035 730 L HW: 7P6 035 730 L
Component: TELEFON H15 3200
Revision: 1B001001 Serial number: 00007664754155
Coding: 0200000000010110
Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
ASAM Dataset: EV_UHVNA 002720
ROD: EV_UHVNA_VW36.rod
VCID: 3B5BD5EEB294C3C0359

1 Fault Found:
9455635 - Telephone Microphone
B1048 13 [009] - Open Circuit
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 21
Mileage: 44823 km
Date: 2037.14.19
Time: 19:23:14

End ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am pretty sure I have my harness wired up correctly as well. Mic into RCD pins 1 and 7, bluetooth mic to RCD pins 4 and 9. The bluetooth harness came prepared anyway, I will try post a picture:

EDIT: (I can't seem to attach a picture).

Someone help please :(.

UPDATE
I have rectified the problem! I had to connect the VW mic directly to the bluetooth, because my version of RCD510 doesn't support voice control - hence connections at pins 4 and 9 don't exist.

Thanks ALL for your help, I will be posting a guide soon
arlurt
I drive a: R-Line
With a: DSG box
Options: Changes will be made...
Puddle lights, Cruise and Reversing Camera on the cards.

Post by arlurt »

That's how I got round the problem, diectly connected Microphone Input +ve to Microphone Output +ve, and Microphone Input -ve to Microphone Output -ve. The pin out of the the conector is in the GTI link on page three of this thread. I just linked the pins with a piece of bent wire and heat-shrink sleeved them to stop them rattling loose or shorting out. Also meant that if I ever upgraded to an RNS510 all I had to do was pop the pins back in.

The display of phone book in the MFD never did work right though...
sgtpepper
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by sgtpepper »

Hello to everybody,
my name is Vale from Italy and I am looking for some help even I don't have a VW Scirocco but a VW Passat.
Sorry if I bother you but reading in the Forum this thread regarding the bt controllers and more , I would like to know if someone of you can help me in order to try to recode or coding my BT controller from 3C8-035-730 (second hand controller bought from ebay) to as if it were the original one (now defective I think) 3C0-035-730.
My VW Passat is a 2006 (year made) with navigation radio - MFD2DVD ( RNS2 ) , red colour MFA display , inside the armrest there is a base to connect a Nokia mobile phone and hidden within the dashboard there is a pull-out keyboard phone .
I saw in the forum that someone has experienced a problem similar to mine and that's why I took the liberty to write to you to maybe get some advice .
I've only ever used mobile phones in rSAP mode (various type nokia, samsung , etc.etc . ) .
My problem is that my current bt controller 3c0035730A connects perfectly on rSAP BT with the phone but it does not come out with the phone signal , and if I try to call display says " there is no signal " and in the entry menu "STATE" it does not show any signal !
I also tried a new gsm antenna but it didn't solved the problem! No signal still persists.
Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who has a unit identical to mine in order to make a litmus test and find out whether the problem is the bt controller 3C0 - 035- 730A .
I bought a ( 3C8 - 035-730 ) on the internet that someone says to be compatible ( and I hope it is as well) but unfortunately does not work with a simple plug and play ... I think if it goes correctly coded .
I have a friend who has got Vagcom to do this, I searched in the internet but I didn't find any good explanation to do it.
Can someone help me or give me some tips in how to code the 3c8-035-730 controller as my original one 3c0-035-730A ?
Awaiting for your kind reply, I thank you very much in advance.
Kind regards,
Vale
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

First thing I'd say is duplicate the coding of your old module on the new one.
This is: Perform an autoscan with your old module installed, copy the coding values, and paste it into the coding for the new module.. if that's not the best option, go to long code helper (VCDS) on your old module, and study all the options that are ticked, then replicate those on the new module.

Hope this helps