Multi Function Display?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Blueroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather Upholstery, Winter Pack, DVD/Dynaudio, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Cruise Control, Bi Xenon Headlights, Parking Sensors

Multi Function Display?

Post by Blueroc »

Picked my car up yesterday and one of the things I've noticed is that the multi function display (or combi instrument display as it is referred in the manual) is only available using the buttons on the steering wheel.

The car I test drove accessed the display via switches and buttons on the windscreen wiper control lever which are 'missing' from my car.

Not terribly worried because the steering wheel controls are a lot less fiddly, just wondered why it was omitted from my car?

Regards

Dave
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Re: Multi Function Display?

Post by ABN1C »

I think the standard car doesn't have the steering wheel buttons so gets the controls on the wiper lever instead. Don't think there is anything to worry about.
Blueroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Leather Upholstery, Winter Pack, DVD/Dynaudio, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Cruise Control, Bi Xenon Headlights, Parking Sensors

Re: Multi Function Display?

Post by Blueroc »

ABN1C wrote:I think the standard car doesn't have the steering wheel buttons so gets the controls on the wiper lever instead. Don't think there is anything to worry about.
Ah. That makes sense. The car I test drove was a standard model. Would seem stupid to duplicate the facility.

Regards

Dave