Moving On (M135i X-drive)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Moving On (M135i X-drive)

Post by raffoul232 »

Well, im sad to say but as the title suggests its time to move on. By far one of the nicest/funnest drives ive ever owned but a bit impractical. Ive had the car for 5 years now (nearly) and been a memeber on here since 2009. Really this forum has helped me with loads of stuff and i cant but thank you all. Now enough with the boring stuff :lol: and well i know if i mention this you guys will have a fit but ive moved on to an f20 m135i x-drive, and yes before you all say it its an ugly car (compared to the scirocco) but it does fit my current issue, and a more detailed reason why i went down that road:
I decided to go for the bmw cause the mk7 r wont be out for another 2 years, the a45 amg im sure will be a big fail since the a class is always coming last (in the lower engines) compared to the a3 or the golf, and lastly the s3 doesnt come to our country (Lebanon). Not that im complaining, it did take me some time to be convinced on the look and now its growing on me more and more the longer i wait. I am an architect so a 5 door was a must. The scirocco was too much of a hastle. Dont get me wrong though the car looks (in and out) and drives very well. Anyway lets get down to the important things, options. In lebanon everything is an option, all we get is basicall an engine and body thats about it (fyi stock seats are black cloth :no: )
so here goes:
Rear view camera, electric glass sunroof, sun protection glazing, int/ext mirrors with auto anti-dazzle function, pdc (front & rear), xenon lights (yes that is an option wtf), automatic ac, light package, rear seat headrest folding, harman kardon, connectivity, bluetooth and usb device (only+4ae), x-drive, seats: Hexagon/Alcantara upholstery, color: estoril blue.
Got a call from the dealer and getting the car in about 9/10 days from now and will be the first in my country so cant wait. Anyway i wil keep on passing on here and try to help with some problems and again great forum/community guys keep it up :yes: :yes:
Just a last picture before we part lol:
Last edited by raffoul232 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALL MODS ON HOLD
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Moving On

Post by trix »

wow has it really been that long?! best of luck with the new one (pic when it arrives please) I'm impressed you stuck with the roc this long as I seem to recall a number of conversations regarding potentially changing it.

trix
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

trix wrote:wow has it really been that long?! best of luck with the new one (pic when it arrives please) I'm impressed you stuck with the roc this long as I seem to recall a number of conversations regarding potentially changing it.

trix
Yup a good 5 years and it did really well actually the only thing that was major was changing the transmission and since its been perfect (3 years) and i only drive with the +/- never use d so there is alot of shifting going on, all i can say is that the dsg box can really take it i was surprised. I did want to change on many occasions just never took the step to do so. At first i was going to go for a newer scirocco, and that made no sense to me the more i thought about it, then when i went to order the golf-r, and i did pick all my options, colors, etc then i get a call 2 months later that they forgot to send in the order and that production had stopped. I did get angry but at the same time i would have been taking a mk6 when the mk7 was already out so i dont hold any grudges towards the dealer :lol: . I am looking forward to seeing what the bmw can do. I have read nearly every review and its been doing really well, but deep down i will miss my scirocco :cry: . Def upload a piture/review (difference in drive comfort etc between the rocco and bmw) :yes:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Re: Moving On (finally some pics)

Post by raffoul232 »

Well these are some quick pictures that i was able to get once delivered. First impression that is not the same car i saw in pictures, it looks really different in person in a good way.Will be writing a review comparing the rocco to the bmw by the end of the week once i drive it properly cant wait. Anyway here goes:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Congrats. Looks really good. Tbh I don't see why so many people think it looks ugly, I personally like it. Hope it goes well and you have no problems with it
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Good colour combo but not loving the metal wing mirror caps. Well done
dimexi
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

One of my work colleagues has pretty much that car in that colour. He's had nothing bad to say so far, he loves it. It's a proper beast!
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Re: Moving On (M135i X-drive)

Post by raffoul232 »

Thanks guys loving it really, i have no regrets what so ever.
Trix the mirror caps i guess was done that particular color to follow the rims, but im not sure. I liked it i think once you see it in person its different trust me i was thinking the same thing when i used to look at pictures but here i am :lol: Definitely a review coming soon comparing both (cant compare the engine do to the fact one is more powerful).
ALL MODS ON HOLD
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

raffoul232 wrote:Thanks guys loving it really, i have no regrets what so ever.
Trix the mirror caps i guess was done that particular color to follow the rims, but im not sure. I liked it i think once you see it in person its different trust me i was thinking the same thing when i used to look at pictures but here i am :lol: Definitely a review coming soon comparing both (cant compare the engine do to the fact one is more powerful).
I think the Wing mirrors look good it suits the cars colour.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Darren.Collett
Options: Cruise Control / Sat Nav

Post by Darren.Collett »

Cracking engine. Above average gearbox. Having had a few quick bm's will defo be a rewarding drive, but..................... Bloody ugly :?
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Looks cracking mate. Only thing I may be tempted to change are those pea-shooters! Seriously.. they should have put some bigger pots on this thing!
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Sensorei
In: Silver Leaf
Options: Satnav, PDC, Bluetooth, Electric heated seats, Leather, Cruise control

Post by Sensorei »

One hell off a car. Two of my mates have a M135i and it is the best value for money if you want high performance, practicality, reliability and FUN. What a beast, congrats!

In really looking forward to your m135i vs scirocco review. Subscribed. ;-)
kenny.c
Options: MK7 GOLF GTI-PP

Post by kenny.c »

Your lucky.....In the UK you cannot get a 135 x-drive......not yet anyway...

Very nice car....
Ken
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

kenny.c wrote:Your lucky.....In the UK you cannot get a 135 x-drive......not yet anyway...

Very nice car....
Ken
Pretty sure you can.. was speccing one up yesterday on the BMW site :cry:
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
kenny.c
Options: MK7 GOLF GTI-PP

Post by kenny.c »

Really...? Ill have to take another look....last time I was on the BMW site only a 5 door 120d was available in X-drive

Ken