Lugano & DCC

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
phaethon
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sport&package style , interlagos , keylless access(start-stop), park pilot , anti-theft alarm system , pla

Lugano & DCC

Post by phaethon »

Hello!
Know do you if it can are combined the 19” lugano with scirocco 1,4-160-dsg that are provided with DCC? I allocate in my deposit a set Lugano from Scirroco MY2011 and I would want to put him in my own Scirocco MY2013. I can or will have problem because DCC
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Lugano & DCC

Post by Cuprabob »

19" Luganos will have no impact on the operation of the DCC.

I have both, from the factory, on my MY12 Rocco
phaethon
Options: Sport&package style , interlagos , keylless access(start-stop), park pilot , anti-theft alarm system , pla

Post by phaethon »

I can consequently place Lugano without I am afraid that I cause damage in the car or in system DCC ? I ask why I saw in German konfigurator that exists and edition: lugano for Dcc .Is the same?
phil4
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Lots: Leather, Electric driver's seat, 19" rims, sunroof, RNS510, Dynaudio, colour MFD, electric folding wing mirrors, cruise control, parking sensors.

Post by phil4 »

I've a R, with 19" rims as supplied by the factory. No issues.
phaethon

Post by phaethon »

phil4 wrote:I've a R, with 19" rims as supplied by the factory. No issues.
19"rims with dcc?
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes, the R has DCC.

The only issue with 19" rims is that VW don't fit the tyre pressure monitor system to factory cars with 19"

The rim diameter has no affect on the operation of the DCC system
phaethon

Post by phaethon »

Thank's!! It should I buy lugano for dcc that I saw in German konfugurator or I can use lugano that I have from scirocco a friend?
phil4
Options: Lots: Leather, Electric driver's seat, 19" rims, sunroof, RNS510, Dynaudio, colour MFD, electric folding wing mirrors, cruise control, parking sensors.

Post by phil4 »

Hi cuprabob.... As above have 19" also DCC and... Tyre pressure monitoring (it works). Odd.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

phil4 wrote:Hi cuprabob.... As above have 19" also DCC and... Tyre pressure monitoring (it works). Odd.
Yes, I believe it works OK but the factory won't supply it as it's not approved for 19" rims as I understand it.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

phaethon wrote:Thank's!! It should I buy lugano for dcc that I saw in German konfugurator or I can use lugano that I have from scirocco a friend?
Other than cost, it will make no difference where you buy from, proving they are genuine Luganos and not replicas
phil4

Post by phil4 »

Strange as it was supplied factory fitted. Perhaps it's a non-R thing or a historical thing?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

phil4 wrote:Hi cuprabob.... As above have 19" also DCC and... Tyre pressure monitoring (it works). Odd.
TPMS only works with 16" - 18" wheel/tyres correctly/accurately. The fact it is working just means its switched on in the controller. Its accuracy/detection will not be as good when using 19" wheel size. Which with the low profile tyres and its slowness to detect, all the more important to stop asap on the warning appearing than with 17" & 18" wheels.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

It could be that. I just know that when I ordered mine, by adding the 19" Luganos, I lost the TPMS. It was a note on the options price list.
Adamski_mk1
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
Options: Sat nav,truffle leather, pano roof,6disc changer,hard drive,iPod port,folding mirrors,bi xenons

Post by Adamski_mk1 »

Will work with no problems matey
phaethon

Post by phaethon »

Cuprabob wrote:
phaethon wrote:Thank's!! It should I buy lugano for dcc that I saw in German konfugurator or I can use lugano that I have from scirocco a friend?
Other than cost, it will make no difference where you buy from, proving they are genuine Luganos and not replicas
I will not buy him. My friendly person him had ordered in his scirocco. It later placed talatega and because with like Lugano and could not because cost him place in scirocco that I have ordered, my him it makes gift:). Simply I wanted to know if I can place him, because it allocates my own scirocco DCC or it would be supposed obligatorily I order other as those that it reports German configurator “lugano fur dcc”

from german Konfigurator : Räder / Reifen - 19

"Lugano" in Schwarz, für DCC, Volkswagen R GmbH - 4 Leichtmetallräder 8 J x 19 - Reifen 235/35 R 19
1.230,00 € Detailinformationen anzeigen

"Lugano" in Schwarz, Volkswagen R GmbH - 4 Leichtmetallräder 8 J x 19 - Reifen 235/35 R 19

"Lugano" in Sterling-Silber lackiert, für DCC, Volkskwagen R GmbH - 4 Leichtmetallräder 8 J x 19

"Lugano" in Sterling-Silber lackiert, Volkswagen R GmbH - 4 Leichtmetallräder 8 J x 19
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Sorry, I don't understand why VW would offer a different wheel for DCC.
phaethon

Post by phaethon »

Cuprabob wrote:Sorry, I don't understand why VW would offer a different wheel for DCC.
This it is and my own scruple and question relatively with ean make finally the 19” rims Lugano that gives me my friend.
phaethon

Post by phaethon »

Knows somebody finally why VW would offer a different wheel for DCC?
We finally know who the difference of Lugano for Dcc from Lugano that we knew up to now? I can place Lugano from Scirocco MY 2011 in my own (MY2013) that it is provided with DCC or should I buy other Lugano?
phaethon

Post by phaethon »

Any Help...?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

as they are the same price surely it doesn't matter, if the car has dcc get the ones marked as suitable for dcc & be done with it.
not got a clue why there would be different wheels for dcc or not.