2.0 TSI MPG

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Re: 2.0 TSI MPG

Post by Billc »

ZephyR wrote:So do you reset the Lifetime mpg counter each time you fill up?
No, I record litres bought and current mileage, the spreadsheet does the rest. The "99 hour" MFD is fairly consistently 6-7% optmistic compared to those figures. I'm only interested in averages, not 'spot' counts.
Bill in Norfants
AgaZaKa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green

Post by AgaZaKa »

Here's my mpg, all recorded based on fuelling it, not from computer. Unfortunately this website shows it in liters when you're not logged in. But average mpg for 32K miles was 8.6l/100km which is around 32mpg. A lot of driving on motorways.

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/406196.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scirocco mk2 GTI 1983 & Scirocco mk3 2.0 TSI DSG Viper Green (sold)
smyffalis
In: Rising Blue

2.0 TSI MPG

Post by smyffalis »

Not bad! I've averaged 30.1mpg over 4600 miles :( this includes a lot of commuting. I usually get 42mpg on my work run sticking to 60mph. The rest of the time I like to use sport mode or tip and make it fart :D
Rocco85

Post by Rocco85 »

i am currently looking for a 2.0TSI scirocco. At the mo i have a 500 Abarth with 160bhp & 180ftls and with doing about 8 miles of 30mph roads with half being in traffic then 30 miles of doing 65-70mph on the motorway and i avarage 37-38mpg. if i really start to push the car (which i tend not to do much these days) i would get low 30's.

I am after a fun car when i want it to be and then fairly economical when i want it to be. I dont really want to drop in MPG, 35mpg would be good i guess.

If i eventually get one and i do the sort of driving mentioned above what realistically could i see? i know this is a bigger more powerful engine but i am hopeing having the 6th gear doing 65mph will return decent mpg.

Many Thanks
skippy
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Yes - doing 65mph in 6th without too many 'stab's on the throttle will easily yield upper 30's mpg, even 40mpg.

I actually saw an average (indicated) 45mpg on the MFD last week with some varied driving, but the latter part of my journey was stuck at 50-55mph in 6th.

35mpg and more is easily achievable on the 2.0 TSI so long as you avoid harsh acceleration and high revs. The 98 RON fuel (especially V-power and BP Ultimate) I swear does give you slightly better returns also.
Jace
Options: APR stage 2+, APR TBE, APR carbonio carbon intake pipe, VWR Intake, Forge inter cooler pipework, R8 coils packs, Sachs Loba stg2 clutch

Post by Jace »

I've done 2400 miles & setting #2 is showing 28.8mpg, & thats running it on 99ron :D

If I wanted to bore people at dinner parties with my mpg I'd have bought a tdi :nod:
Rocco85

Post by Rocco85 »

what is the no2 thing? sorry still a novice with these cars.

i know it sounds boring but as mentioned i want a fun car which can also be ok on fuel when you want it to be. As i aint driving for fun when going to work but then say at the weeked i want to go for a spin the fun factor is there. I dont like the dark side of the fuel so it has to be the petrol lol.

as long as id be getting 35mpg combined id be happy
tony4147
In: Salsa Red
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS510 SatNav/BT, Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Factory Mats

Post by tony4147 »

Rocco85 wrote:what is the no2 thing? sorry still a novice with these cars.

i know it sounds boring but as mentioned i want a fun car which can also be ok on fuel when you want it to be. As i aint driving for fun when going to work but then say at the weeked i want to go for a spin the fun factor is there. I dont like the dark side of the fuel so it has to be the petrol lol.

as long as id be getting 35mpg combined id be happy
Have you looked at the Alfa Mito? as well as the Roc I have a 135MA Mito, good fun and if I want I can get 50mpg when I put my mind to it, I believe that the 170 Cloverleaf isn't much worse on the mpg.
My 2TSI is only doing about 31mpg but it is in heavy traffic doing an 8 mile journey most days, on quiet country roads doing about 20miles I have seen 40mpg
Last edited by tony4147 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocco85

Post by Rocco85 »

well thats not bad 31 basically urban driving and touching 40mpg when not needing to stop start is good, thats what i after.

In reply with the Mito, funnily enough a few months ago i did look into the Mito but then i started not liking the look of them from the back, fronts are nice and interiour aint bad but kinda look a bit of a girls car, dunno might just be me but they havent got that guys car look and also the Scirocco sees more mature and grown up, which is also what i after. i want to get away from the young hatchback look. i love the coupe style
Taylor127
In: Deep Black
Options: un known via private buy

Post by Taylor127 »

27 around town.
34 on motorways about 60mph
2.0 TSI
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
UnclePeter42
In: Viper Green

Post by UnclePeter42 »

Billc wrote:
ZephyR wrote:So do you reset the Lifetime mpg counter each time you fill up?
No, I record litres bought and current mileage, the spreadsheet does the rest. The "99 hour" MFD is fairly consistently 6-7% optmistic compared to those figures. I'm only interested in averages, not 'spot' counts.
I wondered if it was a bit geeky to join a forum tonight about a car I pick up on Tuesday (used) but then I saw the words "the spreadsheet does the rest" and I swear the grin went behind my ears!
dimexi
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

I got my 'roc (2nd hand) november last year.
My overall MPG so far is 29MPG.

The best I have seen on the MFD is 39mpg on a trip from bristol to london (150miles each way).
The worst I have seen on my MFD is about 18mpg to work (4mile trip)

I have done a quick calculation for my london trip, and that's an average of 33.75mpg (I used almost 3/4 of the tank). I think this is very fair because it's about the same as my 1.6l clio which was 128bhp.

I absolutely love the car's consumption, I was fairly worried before I purchased, but now I am 4 months in, it's not too thirsty. However, if you put your foot down, the MPG goes down dramatically.
But for a car that indicates 3000rpm engine speed at about 85mph (NOTE: I am not saying I have done this speed before!!!! :p), I think it is the best car I have owned.
ollietheking
Options: Leather with 12 way adjustment, PDC, Cruise Control, Bluetooth

Post by ollietheking »

I got this driving back from Bristol to Wigan when we got the car back in October

Not seen this since! But the missus averages high 30's running up the motorway everyday.
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

HAAAAA!!!!! That's phenomenal!! Did you go up to 70mph?! :p. I don't even think I could get that if I tried! I'll be flashed to move onto the hard shoulder!
ollietheking
Options: Leather with 12 way adjustment, PDC, Cruise Control, Bluetooth

Post by ollietheking »

I put ACC to comfort, set the cruise control to 65, lay the seat back and went to sleep! :sleep:

One thing I must say about driving that slow is, IT'S REALLY BORING!
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

I got 41 - 42 MPG this weekend, going from London to Bristol! I will post the photo up later. Mainly due to the 50mph restrictions and "slow moving" traffic on the motorway though