Automatic Windows&mirros Close on Lock

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
phaethon
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sport&package style , interlagos , keylless access(start-stop), park pilot , anti-theft alarm system , pla

Automatic Windows&mirros Close on Lock

Post by phaethon »

Does Scirocco have this where when you lock the door the windows&mirrors(if exist plb) or only the mirrors(if the windows they is already closed)close automatically?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Automatic Windows&mirros Close on Lock

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes and no. It does close / open the windows and sunroof if you hold the lock / unlock button, however it doesn't operate the electric folding mirrors. You need to buyb SEAT Leon or a Golf MK7 for that function.
phaethon
Options: Sport&package style , interlagos , keylless access(start-stop), park pilot , anti-theft alarm system , pla

Post by phaethon »

Thank you!I prefer Scirocco !!! :-)
tjanum
Options: (in Denmark)
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Post by tjanum »

When I bought my roc, I was told by the dealer that they could change the settings for me so the mirrors would fold automatically when the car was locked (for a 120€ fee), but I actually decided against it, the reason being that often I sincerely don't want the mirrors to fold in. For instance fewer people will decide to use the room between your car and another parked car as a pathway if your mirrors aren't folded in, leaving less "walk-by" scratches. Hence I rarely fold my mirrors on parking lots and the like.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

tjanum wrote:When I bought my roc, I was told by the dealer that they could change the settings for me so the mirrors would fold automatically when the car was locked (for a 120€ fee), but I actually decided against it, the reason being that often I sincerely don't want the mirrors to fold in. For instance fewer people will decide to use the room between your car and another parked car as a pathway if your mirrors aren't folded in, leaving less "walk-by" scratches. Hence I rarely fold my mirrors on parking lots and the like.
Yep. That makes sense. :nod:
phaethon

Post by phaethon »

tjanum wrote:When I bought my roc, I was told by the dealer that they could change the settings for me so the mirrors would fold automatically when the car was locked (for a 120€ fee), but I actually decided against it, the reason being that often I sincerely don't want the mirrors to fold in. For instance fewer people will decide to use the room between your car and another parked car as a pathway if your mirrors aren't folded in, leaving less "walk-by" scratches. Hence I rarely fold my mirrors on parking lots and the like.

You can say to me what precisely to ask in my salesman, why me it interests? He exists certain code?
tjanum
Options: (in Denmark)
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Post by tjanum »

phaethon wrote:You can say to me what precisely to ask in my salesman, why me it interests? He exists certain code?
I'm not completely sure what your question is, but if your intention is to make the coding yourself, I can't help you. I just asked the dealer if it was possible to recode the mirror controls to automatically fold in when the key leaves the ignition and fold out when the key is put in the ignition. I was told it was possible. I've noticed that there have been quite a lot of changes to the coding over the model years. My roc is MY2009.

Just one extra remark before you move on with this. The idea of something being done automatically is often appealing, but for all practical purposes it is just as often really dumb. An example of that is actually on the mirrors. If I've folded my mirrors in and put the car in D or S and start driving, the mirrors stays folded in. However, if I put it in reverse, the mirrors automatically pops out. I found out the annoying way having parked so close to a pillar, that I had had to fold the mirrors in. When I was to leave and put it in reverse, the mirror automatically opened up into the pillar. The engineer having thought this up is not exactly an idiot, he has just not thought it through well. In 99% of all cases it's practical, but in the last 1%, it leaves you with a scratched car.

Anyway, I'll leave it up to you to decide what's smart and what isn't :)
mordred1973
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

I still miss my auto fold mirrors that my 2007 Leon had, means I rarely fold the mirrors since I have to do it manually, meaning the option was a waste of money and I have also found myself driving off down the road on several occasions in last 3 years with the mirrors still folded. Probably not helped by the the very inconveniently positioned mirror controller on the Scirocco.
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

tjanum wrote:[ I just asked the dealer if it was possible to recode the mirror controls to automatically fold in when the key leaves the ignition and fold out when the key is put in the ignition. I was told it was possible.
Alas they have misinformed you as it is, and I say this with 100% certainty, impossble to code the Scirocco to do this.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Mark V wrote:
tjanum wrote:[ I just asked the dealer if it was possible to recode the mirror controls to automatically fold in when the key leaves the ignition and fold out when the key is put in the ignition. I was told it was possible.
Alas they have misinformed you as it is, and I say this with 100% certainty, impossble to code the Scirocco to do this.
+1