Electric seats wiring diagram

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
gazguthrie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Folding mirrors, sunroof, premium bluetooth, rear park assist with parking camera
and winter pack - leather to be added soon...

Electric seats wiring diagram

Post by gazguthrie »

Hi guys, wonder if you can help. I have bought a full electric leather interior to retro fit into my 2010 roc and upon checking elsawin the scirocco current flow diagrams are missing. The wires I want to check are in the black 10 pin connector. Could someone post the relevant diagram? Thanks :)
gazguthrie
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, sunroof, premium bluetooth, rear park assist with parking camera
and winter pack - leather to be added soon...

Re: Electric seats wiring diagram

Post by gazguthrie »

Anyone? :)
mr_patrick_bateman
In: Candy White
Options: Winter pack

Post by mr_patrick_bateman »

Fitted heated leather in my car had the wires for the heaters already there(winter pack) took a feed from the cigarette lighter for the lumber support as it only uses a small current, if you need any help i can look at my wiring.
Lloydie
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Truffle leather, HiD, 18" alloys.

Post by Lloydie »

I have just fitted Truffle leather into my 2010 model, a few have said the loom is likely to be fitted as standard, this must be tucked away somewhere as I can not see the 12pin multi-plug in the location you would expect. Is it in the sill somewhere?

Cheers

Lloyd
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

If the loom connection is fitted, it will as per the photo. There are two wiring looms fitted in production, you may have the simpler loom build with an 8 pin plug.
Seat Loom Connection.JPG
C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Lloydie

Post by Lloydie »

RW1 wrote:If the loom connection is fitted, it will as per the photo. There are two wiring looms fitted in production, you may have the simpler loom build with an 8 pin plug.
C.
That is where I would have hoped to have seen the loom, all I have under the carpet in that location is the Black plastic housing with connectors for seat belt warning & air-bag.

I have looked on Etos, the loom that connects to the climate control is the same part number for models with heated seats (which suprizes me) the looms that go to the seats are really difficult to workout, I think the best way for me to sort this would be to find a breaker and remove the looms myself, this will also help me understand / workout what goes where.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Just be aware that ETOS/ETKA are not the "factory build parts" of the car but the "repair parts" of the car, subtle but significant difference of using the VW parts system. Looms are one area where this is more apparent than components. In manufacture, they will make specific looms to specifc build levels. But in repair the looms supplied will cover all eventualities so are more comprehensively built. In this case, the ETOS/ETKA loom will cover a car as though it has all options. In repair, the unwanted connections are just stowed away safely.

Where the orange circle is in the photo is the location of the Seats Controller J774 (5K0 959 772). This controller is the socket for the 12 pin seat connection. Wires from this unit area are in 3 parts, Aircon Controller for heat control, power from fuses 4 and 37 for seat sensing and heating and a power control from the 09 - Central Electics Controller.

The loom is 1K8 971 051, the Main Interior Loom. Wires under the carpet should be grouped in 4 lots with 3 smaller connectors:

1) White wire to the Central Electrics Controller - 09 behind/lower the Dash Fuse Panel.

2) Blue/White, Blue/Yellow to the AirCon control for Heat adjustment.

3) Browns to earth.

4) Passenger jumps from Driver's side on Violet/Blue and Blue/Yellow.

Look under the carpet, further towards the dash along the right inside sill wall upto the driver's door hinge pillar and up behind the bonnet release pull handle. You may be faced with a new Main Interior Loom installation.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Lloydie

Post by Lloydie »

Amazing response RW1, would you advise replacing the switches with 3c8907336ac or would you upgrade to the climatronic set-up? (buttons as apposed to twist dials)
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Now! You've just prompted me with that controls question ..... Your 122PS Scirocco has a Climatic Controls, not Climatronic with seat heating controls.

Read the bottom post of this topic, Conversion of Climatic to Climatronic Air Con Control Panel.

C.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Lloydie

Post by Lloydie »

RW1 wrote:Now! You've just prompted me with that controls question ..... Your 122PS Scirocco has a Climatic Controls, not Climatronic with seat heating controls.

Read the bottom post of this topic, Conversion of Climatic to Climatronic Air Con Control Panel.

C.
I think they are having issues in that topic as they are trying to upgrade the earlier 2009 dials to the later 3 button 2010 type which would require loads more parts plus loom.

My car has the 3C8907336AB fitted currently, the obvious upgrade would be 3C8907336AC as this is identical in every way but has the heated seat option, it even uses the same part number loom.

I really need to do what you advised and start looking under trim / carpet to see if the loom may be tucked away or at least the wires there to work with. If they are not there I will wire the lumbar motor as thats a simple 12v - & + but give up on the seat heating.

Regards

Lloyd
matt a3 170
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red
Options: RCD-510 mp3, ipod/media-in connection,
Dynaudio, white dash display, Panoramic sunroof
Leather, covered cup holder, Parking senors.

2009 BUILD WEEK 40

Post by matt a3 170 »

Lloydie wrote:
RW1 wrote:Now! You've just prompted me with that controls question ..... Your 122PS Scirocco has a Climatic Controls, not Climatronic with seat heating controls.

C.
I think they are having issues in that topic as they are trying to upgrade the earlier 2009 dials to the later 3 button 2010 type which would require loads more parts plus loom.

My car has the 3C8907336AB fitted currently, the obvious upgrade would be 3C8907336AC as this is identical in every way but has the heated seat option, it even uses the same part number loom.

I really need to do what you advised and start looking under trim / carpet to see if the loom may be tucked away or at least the wires there to work with. If they are not there I will wire the lumbar motor as thats a simple 12v - & + but give up on the seat heating.

Regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd, just wondering how you got on with fitting the leather seats after & also did you manage to find the wiring loom under the carpet?

Cheers

Matt
dettzz1988
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
Options: Scirocco R 280 BHP STOCK
Recaro Bucket seats
ALL EXTRAS.

Post by dettzz1988 »

Hi, did you manage to find/fit in the heated seat loom?