What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
wintercooled
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Rear parking sensors
Dual climate control
Leather seats

Re: What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Post by wintercooled »

Let someone else wash it for the first time - they did a good job but was worried the jet washer would do some damage. Looks great but wont last long in this weather!
Peacock8

Post by Peacock8 »

Washed mine on the outside for 3 hours! All this shitty weather in the summer/autumn (Norway) had laid a ugly layer of shit on the car that the pressure washer couldn´t get off. So hand washed it for 3 hours. (microfibermitt) I went one time around the car in 3 hours, and it´s not even good enough. I´ll have another round tomorrow I guess! OCD haha :D

Ørjan.
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Hi guys, new kid on the block here!!

Well, I drove mine about 4 miles to work. Tried to locate the "alarm on/off button" but didn't find it, fretted a bit and left it in the car park :p
Murrdohk
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 2008 Rocco...lowered 3cm, custom wheels, A/C, parking sensors, & cruise

Post by Murrdohk »

All I could do was dream about mine as I'm in Saudi and she's still in Germany :( I'll get to see her in February though when I go back for my mid-tour :D
RW1
Legend
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Took the front fog lights off and clean the dirt/mold film off the inside face of the glass. Crystal again.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Finally got round to changing the sidelight bulb from blue coated bulb which looked pure yellow , to white LEDs. What a mission to get the grill off. Drivers side was a right pain in the @ss :grumpy: . Looks much better now matches my bulbs bought from flux :yes: .. Then gave her a quick wash ..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Hmm didn't know that I just assumed you had to remove the fog light grills to gain access. Just went outside to see what they look like now it's changed , and they look much better but seem to give off more of a blue rather than white light. Might get some sides from flux now.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
RisingRoc
In: Rising Blue
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

Washed it yesterday, only to wake up this morning with it covered in a layer of snow! Well at least it's clean under the snow...
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Tried out some new car ramps. Dropped the right hand floorpan plastic sheild cover to find a vibration which occurs at idle. The fuel feed pipe vibrating inside the forward floor pan guide channel. Quick look round to check everything is OK, then some foam in place and silence.

Cleared Fault Codes:
00932 - Electric Window Motor; Drivers Side (V147)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent

00933 - Electric Window Motor; Passenger Side (V148)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent

Performed Basic Settings to reset the windows so they closed fully upon door closure.

Teach me to open the Scirocco when its frozen up without adequately de-icing. :rolleyes:

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
SuperstarDriver
In: Deep Black
Options: Select All [X]

Post by SuperstarDriver »

Got stuck in traffic .............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...........................

for 2 hours .........................................................................................

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm glad I have a rocco and not my old tractor. Kept me entertained for 2 hours although the pins and needles in my arse still haven't gone!!
RisingRoc
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

Treated my car to some genuine rubber mats for the winter months.
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Found out it will be coming to live with me :-)
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Bought some 2nd hand premium mats for front and rear £15 deliverd..keep these for summer I thinks ..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Deacon fitted my aluminium pedals for me, also gave the car a vacuuming and a new air smeller thingy bob.
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

I finished stripping mine ready for it going tomorrow !
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

Ryy wrote:Deacon fitted my aluminium pedals for me, also gave the car a vacuuming and a new air smeller thingy bob.
A pleasure mate! :-)
playing in my '86
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Re-installed the additional winter air driers in the back passenger footwell as things were starting to mist up overnight last week. Should do the trick and last 3 months.

C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Scirocco into the dealers for a quick pitstop this morning to make an Extended Warranty claim. Aircon was showing fault code 00819. Known issue on TPI 2020031/4 - 02/07.10 with pre Wk20/2010 Scirocco's G65 High Pressure Aircon sensor at -ve temperatures. Part optimised with replacement G65 sensor 1K0 959 126D and seal 8E0 260 749. Give away that it may have triggered the Controller 08 fault memory is that the radiator fans run constantly.

Had an entry last Feb'12 during the last below 0'C cold night. Cleared the fault with VCDS. First -ve cold night only happened in November and it re-appeared.
Capture.JPG
Nice shiney new part! Located down the bottom front back rightside corner of the radiators. 63% of the Warranty premium recovered :)

C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Spent £95 on cleaning products for her/him.... hopefully arrive before weekend!
smyffalis

Post by smyffalis »

Drive_with_Style wrote:Finally got round to changing the sidelight bulb from blue coated bulb which looked pure yellow , to white LEDs. What a mission to get the grill off. Drivers side was a right pain in the @ss :grumpy: . Looks much better now matches my bulbs bought from flux :yes: .. Then gave her a quick wash ..
Any pics of this mate? My sidelights look yellow compared to the dipped lights!!! Had 'white' ones which were a blue colour!