Any news on the Scirocco Mk IV

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Gary_Monkey
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Any news on the Scirocco Mk IV

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Just wondered if anyone has any news on the next generation Scirocco - the Mk IV? Specifically when is it likely to come out? With the Golf Mk VII now ready for launch surely VW are working on the Scirocco replacement.

I'm assuming it will use the new MQB platform, be lighter, more efficient and a bit quicker through the model range. However, I can find next to nothing on the web regarding the Mk III replacement.

Cheers,
Gaz
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Re: Any news on the Scirocco Mk IV

Post by Kev »

Not yet. I haven't even seen any disguised prototypes on car sites. They usually show up about a year before the car is released.
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

I wish something would sneak out about it, I want to replace my Roc sometime next year but if I knew what the MkIV looked like then I would wait (assuming I like it!). On the other hand, if what they've done to the Passat and CC is anything to go by then I wouldn't hold too much hope of the MkIV being gorgeous. I think they've wrecked the looks of those!
Bill in Norfants
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I think you can pretty much work out what it'll be like. VW have never been that radical so the design will be similar to what it's like now with updates to the front lights and grill area. Will look like a Golf MK7 on the inside and will be more expensive.
ZephyR
In: Candy White
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

I'm thinking of changing mine a bit sooner so waiting for the Mk IV is out of the question for me. However they do say that new car sales generally are slowing up and that there might be some good deals come the end of the year - although this mainly applies to non-german manufacturers but there might be a knock-on effect.
On the other hand we might see a special edition Roc being launched loaded with lots of goodies as the Mk III nears the end of its run.
Or there again there might be a price rise on the current models round the corner.

What do do next :shrug: :rolleyes:
Gary_Monkey
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car built Build Week 43.

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Kev wrote:Not yet. I haven't even seen any disguised prototypes on car sites. They usually show up about a year before the car is released.
That's a shame Kev. I remember someone on this fourm saying that the Mk IV will come out in 2014. So, if we don't see a prototype soon it means it'll slip to 2015.

I for one can't wait that long as mine is already 3 years old and I'm thinking of changing soon but haven't a clue what to. Was sorta hoping I could catch the Mk IV but it sounds some way off.

Gaz
Gary_Monkey

Car built Build Week 43.

Post by Gary_Monkey »

ZephyR wrote:I'm thinking of changing mine a bit sooner so waiting for the Mk IV is out of the question for me. However they do say that new car sales generally are slowing up and that there might be some good deals come the end of the year - although this mainly applies to non-german manufacturers but there might be a knock-on effect.
On the other hand we might see a special edition Roc being launched loaded with lots of goodies as the Mk III nears the end of its run.
Or there again there might be a price rise on the current models round the corner.

What do do next :shrug: :rolleyes:
Zeph,
I'm in the same boat. My Scirocco is 3 years old - just gone - and I still haven't a clue what I'm changing to.

My shortlist;
BMW 125d 8sp Auto (tempted by rear wheel drive but the car doesn't set my heart alight design wise)
Audi A3 1.8 TSI DSG (a bit safe/boring - plus I've had the 7sp DSG for three years and I'd like to try a different auto system)
Audi A5 2.7 TDI S-Line (second hand as too expensive new - that model has been dropped now)
Astra GTC 2.0 bi-turbo (Good looking coupe but I hear the auto box is crap and it won't hold it's value - but massive broker discounts)
Toyota GT86 (again I hear the auto box is shite so would have to be manual which I don't really want)
Audi TT 2.0 TDI S-Tronic (always loved they way it looks but practicality almost strikes it off the list)
BMW 320d Sport 8sp Auto (Nearly new - for pure comfort and refinement - do a lot of heavy motorway traffic driving miles these days - but might end up feeling like a sales rep in a 320d).
VW Golf GTI Mk 7 (really like the looks in 3 door form and it's out next summer - could hold out for that)

The fact is I still love my Scirocco and no other car really has that blend of great looks, practicality and puts a smile on your face. However, I can't see myself waiting until 2015 for when the Mk IV may or may not launch.

Rant over
Gaz
RisingRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

How about an Alfa? The Gulietta (sp?) or a second hand Brera are both beautiful. Not sure about engines etc, but I think it's one of the best looking cars in its class...other than the Scirocco of course!
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Gary_Monkey wrote: The fact is I still love my Scirocco and no other car really has that blend of great looks, practicality and puts a smile on your face.
This is exactly the dilemma that I'm wrestling with too. Its that combination of style and performance with the practicality of 4 proper seats and a decent boot that I am finding difficult to match elsewhere.

@RisingRoc - I know what you mean about the Alfa's but I still have those doubts about reliability and ruining costs plus I don't have a conveniently close main dealer for service, repairs etc.
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

I'll be keeping mine. NEed to save for a deposit for an house. Looks like some of you fall into many categories I don't.
hoganb

Post by hoganb »

What is on the wishlist for the Mk IV?

I think the current version is great, must be hard to come up with something much better?
On my wishlist I would like 4 wheel drive and or other engine versions.
But I am very happy with my mk III.
Cheers!
Scirocco mk III
ZephyR

Post by ZephyR »

hoganb wrote:What is on the wishlist for the Mk IV?
My wish list would include :
1. Front facing anti-tank missiles to clear slow drivers out of my way.
2. Reflective rear window to dazzle following cars with badly adjusted headlights with their own beam.
3. Auto-babe magnet function.
4. Deployable protective armour for supermarket car parks.
hoganb

Post by hoganb »

Wow some list!
Scirocco mk III
andrej

Post by andrej »

In this article: http://www.automobilemag.com/features/n ... ewall.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they say that Scirocco will receive a facelift in early 2013. I also asked a Slovak VW dealer if they have any information on the 2013 Scircco's facelift and they told me that they have the information from their importer that the facelift won't be released earlier than in second quarter of 2013.

However, I'm afraid that the facelift will not look good (like e.g. the new Passat or Passat CC look like). Therefore I will be probably buying my Scirocco soon - before they release the facelift in order to still get the current model brand new. The current Scirocco model really rocks and in my opinion it is very difficult to design something nicer to something that already is very nice.
pafa
In: Sumatra
Options: Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Electricable Foldable Door Mirrors
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
RCD 510 Dynaudio Soundpack
Flat Tyre Indicator
2 Zone Electronic Climate Control
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

Talked to my buddy in Wolfsburg a few weeks ago.

Their plan is still to introduce a facelift in 2013 - and release the new Scirocco (MQB) in 2015...
Gary_Monkey

Car built Build Week 43.

Post by Gary_Monkey »

pafa wrote:Talked to my buddy in Wolfsburg a few weeks ago.

Their plan is still to introduce a facelift in 2013 - and release the new Scirocco (MQB) in 2015...
Hi Pafa,

How accurate is your source at Wolfsburg?

Gaz
pafa
In: Sumatra
Options: Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Electricable Foldable Door Mirrors
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
RCD 510 Dynaudio Soundpack
Flat Tyre Indicator
2 Zone Electronic Climate Control
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

Its a pretty reliable source - he has got good info - hasnt been wrong about things yet :-) (i knew about the specs of Golf GTI mk7 several months ago, months before the Paris Auto Show) :-)
mordred1973
In: Salsa Red
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

I've had mine 3 years and 42000 miles and have to agree I cant think of anything worth changing to and still loving it, have a feeling mine will be with me til at least 2014
Vogel82
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by Vogel82 »

Is it built on the same platform as the new Golf? (MQB maybe?)

Can't decide whether to wait for the new Scirocco or settle for a new Golf for now then pick up whatever a used new model Scirocco the year or so after it comes out
a4gee
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

thought VW had already confirmed mk4 for 2014 not 2015 :shrug: :no: