Waving at people.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
BunnyJen
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: Waving at people.

Post by BunnyJen »

Hee hee well if I'm out and about on foot on my lunch break or after work I'll give any Candy R's I see a wave so if you see a nutty girl with brown hair waving gimmi a pip :)
BenBAC
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box

Post by BenBAC »

If I spot you again I will do indeed, or wave like a nutter he he
Gary_Monkey
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Even when I got mine back in 2009 I tried flashing people and giving them a wave but got nothing back. Felt a right numpty.

So, sadly I never bother anymore + there are lots and lots of Scirocco's on the roads now. Victim of its own success (and rightly so - it's still one of the best looking coupes out there).

Gaz
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
Kennowaybino

Post by Kennowaybino »

I've also hit 50 to and don't consider myself old, i stay in the central belt in Scotland and see very few Roc's on the roads about here.
yanto
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by yanto »

50 next year and don't worry about driving a Roc, afterall it is a Grand Tourer! Now a pure sports car especially a drop head is where older folk look stupid! Unless it is a classic/vintage. Back to the waving theme, I would never initiate it although if somebody took the trouble to wave or flash I would return it, it's just a nice thing to do to acknowledge a like minded person! So if you see a Candy White being driven by a grey haired old git between the Midlands and Yeovil via the Cotswolds (for a blast) tomorrow, or around the Salisbury plain area for the next few days give us a wave you never know!
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Gonna be heading upto Scotland soon before they go independent and I start holding grudges. Pity as I really love Lagavulin. So will be interesting to see if any waves come.
yanto

Post by yanto »

Well despite me saying i wouldn't initiate a wave i did today, twice in 10 seconds! Both were Candy White's travelling about 4 cars apart on the A36 between Salisbury and Warminster. First one a young chap (most are compared to me) didn't wave but his mouth gave it away that he registered my car at least with a sort of "ooowe" expression, the second with a lovely young woman driving gave a big smile! I might actually carry on waving!!
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Aww that's ace! Well I saw a certain BenBAC again today! He managed to flash me this time wooohoooo! What's even funnier is my Dad was in the car behind me and was giggling away when he saw us flashing each other. ^_^
RJM85
In: Viper Green
Options: 19inch Lugano's, Winter Pack, Protection Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Philips Xtreme Vision Bulbs

Post by RJM85 »

Ive found other Viper drivers do wave and flash, not had much luck with other colours though, gave up after a few weeks...
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

Jen, my reactions were much better this time, if it wasn't for the fact you hadn't moved in that line of traffic I'd of messed it up again. Made me chuckle we proper lit everywhere up, bet your Dad thought we're a right pair :-)
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Haha it was so funny. I had no idea what time he was leaving work and he just ended up behind me on the bypass. But I'd told him about you and he said when he saw us flashing each other he was laughing loads. He said he almost flashed you too but then remembered he wasn't in a Roc. ;D
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

Ha ha well at least he understands, would have been interesting if he had of done, I may have thought he was having a go at me for my over the top light performance. Tell him to get a Roc, educate him Jen.
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

He did say he'd like one for his next car. He likes them in black. I'll keep reminding him, every day. :P
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

Yes keep at him he would love it, a black R would be excellent :-D
char
In: Deep Black

Post by char »

Wave or Thumbs up??

I've driven around Wales a lot this year and when you get off the beaten track and on to roads where you need passing points, I've seen locals go with the thumbs up instead of the wave. So after changing to the thumb I noticed it makes people smile and laugh a lot more than a dull wave!

So maybe Roc owners should go for the cheery :yes:
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

char wrote:Wave or Thumbs up??

I've driven around Wales a lot this year and when you get off the beaten track and on to roads where you need passing points, I've seen locals go with the thumbs up instead of the wave. So after changing to the thumb I noticed it makes people smile and laugh a lot more than a dull wave!

So maybe Roc owners should go for the cheery :yes:

I'll thumbs up Ben when I see him next then! :D
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

We shall see won't we ha ha. I always give people the thumbs up for letting me out of junctions etc.
carmanvw
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Indium Grey
Options: Mark 1 Golf Air Freshener!
VW Umbrella
First thing to go- big garage sticker from back screen

Post by carmanvw »

Hi there,
That's something I've also wondered about, having also a motorbike, I know it's nice when travelling on the continent in particular the way fellow bikers nod or lift their right leg as a salute. I live in Dublin, and there's quite a few Sciroccos about, I usually see a couple everyday. The first I passed was driven by a guy about 25, and he looked too angry to wave at.
I too am amoung those who would have been a young teenager when the 1st Sciroccos appeared late 70s early 80s, and wanted one ever since, and I do look at other scirocco drivers, but we probably feel too conservative to wave at other drivers. It could be down to the fact that there's a ratio of about 5 or 6 to 1 in favour of male drivers, who are unlikely to wave at other male drivers.
I'm guessing most of us would be quite happy to get a wave from a female stranger driving a Roc!!!!
I find it more likely to get a smile from girls driving Mini Cooper S.
For the moment though, we'll just have to stick with the knowing look to each other, acknowledging that we have a cool car- every bit as cool as a 911, without the same cost of ownership.
I'll wave if I see a UK registered Roc over here!!!!
rm0rgan
Options: SOLD

Post by rm0rgan »

Interesting thread....having just left the Lotus world where everyone flashes and waves it will be interesting to see how the Roc club goes.....not too well by the sound but ill give it a go :-)
<<<< He who laughs last, thinks slowest. >>>>
Withnail

Post by Withnail »

I think I would if I saw another Indium Grey but I mostly see Blacks or Whites. Never seen a Viper but a couple of very nice Blues and a lovely Oak.