0-60 video

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
ryancooke
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

0-60 video

Post by ryancooke »

i thought i would do this as someone asked about it, this was done very early this morning as i had to take my parents to the airport as there going thailand (envy them so much!!!!)

not the best take off, but just shy of 6 seconds it seems as i drop the clutch just after it goes from 6 to 5 seconds on the video :yes: and the tyres arent the best make in the world or have alot of grip left on the front :no:

enjoy :D

MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\\chrome//
With a: DSG box
Options: Dont forget the Ipod lead!!!

Re: 0-60 video

Post by \\chrome// »

Stop modding your car and buy some decent music! :D :lol:

Sounds well tho!
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Sounds wicked, notice the fuel was low too, so a very good time to try it.

Have you noticed any additional performance since moving the Air intake to new location?
Magnust
In: Deep Black

Post by Magnust »

nono, keep the music. i'm already packing my ipod with about the same stuff you had on so once i receive my scirocco next week, i can test the dynaudio. i hope it sounds better than what i have in my current rx-8 :)
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

rehmondo wrote:Sounds wicked, notice the fuel was low too, so a very good time to try it.

Have you noticed any additional performance since moving the Air intake to new location?
it does seem better now yes, as before it kind of "bogged down" if you know what i mean, it feels a little sharper now, and its loads cooler, i can go out and give it a good wellying and the pipe isnt even hot half way down like it was before, i will be replacing the back section soon too then heat wrapping the whole thing for that extra bit :yes:

and theres nothing wrong with a bit of drum and bass :yes:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Just noticed Evo Magazine measured the standard 2.0 TSI 0-60 time at 6.2 Seconds so it appears in the right conditions the stock car is a lot quicker than VW give it credit.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
Turbo
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 17"donington's, premium floor mats, half leather, tinted windows, cruise control, black headlining, forge cold air intake, forge dump valve, h&r 35mm lowering springs, bluefin superchip, gt badge, blue vision bulbs, red brake calipers more soon hopefully

Post by Turbo »

nice i must check out mine sometime its the one thing i have not tried yet
jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Turbo wrote:nice i must check out mine sometime its the one thing i have not tried yet
Evo quote 8 seconds dead for the Stock 1.4 TSI, think this is as per VW's claim.

Turbo
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 17"donington's, premium floor mats, half leather, tinted windows, cruise control, black headlining, forge cold air intake, forge dump valve, h&r 35mm lowering springs, bluefin superchip, gt badge, blue vision bulbs, red brake calipers more soon hopefully

Post by Turbo »

jonallen628 wrote:
Turbo wrote:nice i must check out mine sometime its the one thing i have not tried yet
Evo quote 8 seconds dead for the Stock 1.4 TSI, think this is as per VW's claim.

thats mad i got 7.2 i think when i tried it but thats tryin 2 launch start the timer and watch the road
jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

Turbo wrote:
jonallen628 wrote:

thats mad i got 7.2 i think when i tried it but thats tryin 2 launch start the timer and watch the road
I would expect the 1.4 to be quicker than 8 seconds, Evo may have been lazy and just stuck in the VW time.