Window shopping in car parks.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
BunnyJen
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Window shopping in car parks.

Post by BunnyJen »

Most pointless post ever, but I got over excited when I pulled into my local gym car park to discover one of only 3 cars in it was a lovely Roc. So I decided to, very carefully, park next to it so as I got my stuff out I could have a nosey, probably looked like a bit of a weirdo. I'm stuck with doing this currently as I wait for ' the one' to come along....it's frustrating so I needed a fix. :P

Then I took a picture of my poor little knackered car, next to it's nemesis who shall be sending it off to the scrapyard in the sky.....mwahahahahaaaa I'm so mean. :lol: (Clio! I promise I still love you really, even though your hubcap fell off the other day!)

On another note, I really like the black+black alloys combo.

:)
Ian_Mac
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Re: Window shopping in car parks.

Post by Ian_Mac »

I'd have parked in the next bay over thus leaving plenty of room for the Scirocco owner to open the door. :yummy:
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Well I did think that but people park like nutters in that car park usually, so I probably did him a favor as someone else probably would have probably parked over into his space and scratched it. I've had my wing mirror glass knocked out in there, but obviously with my car right now I'm not bothered. My Rocco won't be going in those spaces for sure! >_<
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Scirocco doors are quite long, so if he came back while you were still parked it would have been difficult for the driver to get in as you've parked so close.

Really does my head in when people park so close when there is no need to.
scottyroc
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: dynaudio 510/leather/heated seats/winterpack/parking sensors/19s/Apr remap

Post by scottyroc »

I parked well out of he way at pet store the other day, only to find an old corsa 3" from my drivers door,...for the love of god why, hey must have had literally 700 spaces to choose from :lol:

Although amusingly the number plate on he corsa was ### ROC

:yes:
R
Nick1
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black

Post by Nick1 »

scottyroc wrote:I parked well out of he way at pet store the other day, only to find an old corsa 3" from my drivers door,...for the love of god why, hey must have had literally 700 spaces to choose from :lol:

Although amusingly the number plate on he corsa was ### ROC

:yes:
Really annoys me when that happens! There are a million other spaces in this car park, why park an inch away from me?! :eyepop:

Our doors are pretty large though, I think it's the only car where gull wing doors would've been a sensible edition!
voyager
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: cruise control

Post by voyager »

I always try (not always possible) to park with the drivers door next to an obstruction such as a supermarket trolley park or a wall then I can park far enough from it to be able to open the door but not so far as to allow someone else to park next to me. No point parking at the end of a row of marked spaces though because there's always a muppet in a BMW who will park next to you outside the marked slots.
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

That Roc sure could do with a wash!
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Thommohawk

Post by Thommohawk »

voyager wrote:I always try (not always possible) to park with the drivers door next to an obstruction such as a supermarket trolley park
Not so keen on that idea myself, I'd be too scared some muppet would come along with some out of control trolley. Have you seen some of there folk as they let go only to walk away and for it to start rolling! I always try and park as far away as possible, don't mine walking a bit if it means it's away from lazy b&stards who can't be assed walking a few extra feet to put their trolley in the bay either...
Current - Audi S5 4.2 Quattro V8 See here...
Now Sold - VW Scirocco 2.0GT TSI, Rising Blue, VW Bodykit, H&R Springs, Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite 'Vienna' Leather Interior, Scirocco R Pedals See here...

L I V E S T R O N G
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Cuprabob wrote:Scirocco doors are quite long, so if he came back while you were still parked it would have been difficult for the driver to get in as you've parked so close.

Really does my head in when people park so close when there is no need to.
I promise you he would have been glad it was me there seeing as I was actually parked in my space. This was 6.30 am in the gym car park, by 7am the car park is heaving so someone would have been there if I wasn't and like I said, a lot closer than me, probably into his space. This is a slight concearn about getting the Roc for me, as like I said every single day I come into that car park everyone parks over into each other spaces and you often see wing mirrors touching!!! :grumpy: which worries me for when I get mine....perhaps I'll just have to quit the gym and become lazy hahaha!

Also at petrol stations some have bollards next to the pumps.....Sounds like I'm going to have to remember to open the door slowly. :eyepop:
cakebandit wrote:That Roc sure could do with a wash!
Ouuu yes it was filthy but this was the day after we had that weird sand rain. My car had been cleaned the night before then I came out to it the next morning and it looked like someone had thrown a bucket of sand at it....was really weird. :/
scottyroc
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: dynaudio 510/leather/heated seats/winterpack/parking sensors/19s/Apr remap

Post by scottyroc »

Nick1 wrote:
scottyroc wrote:I think it's the only car where gull wing doors would've been a sensible edition!
Get the Lamborghini conversion kit then :lol: :clap:
R
dervdriver
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: 19" Lugano Black Styling Pack, Cruise Control

Post by dervdriver »

whenever i go to the supermarket i always take 2 spaces now, park straight through the middle of them... :yes:
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

dervdriver wrote:whenever i go to the supermarket i always take 2 spaces now, park straight through the middle of them... :yes:
I'd be scared of doing that as it annoys people and I'd be worried they'd key my car or something. Have you ever had any problems like that? :/
dervdriver

Post by dervdriver »

Well i've only had the car just over 2 weeks and i always park towards the back of the car park where its quieter anyway, but never had a problem. Used to do the same when i had my Impreza.
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Yeah I think I'll be finding the furthest space away possible to avoid people wheeling trolleys through. :D
mordred1973
In: Salsa Red
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

I came back to mine the other day in the middle of a supermarket carpark, to find a trolly nicely wedged against the (luckily still turned) front wheel. Dunno how it got there, as car was front into the parking space as was the one in the next space, but lucky I left it with the wheels turned :-)
dervdriver

Post by dervdriver »

Some people just have a total lack of respect, its really frustrating!! Glad there was no damage!! :yes:
Withnail

Post by Withnail »

Those bays don't look very wide even if BunnyJen had parked smack bang in the middle.
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Yeaaaaaaah I was only like... 1cm off at the rear too, haha (approx :P) I hate parking forwards anyway :lol: I saw him again yesterday actually! I don't think he cares much for his lovely car anyway, he was parked in his space but right over on the drivers side so even if someone next to him parked in their space he would be right up next to them. :shrug: I reckon it's going to take some getting used to parking a Roc compared to mine....the entire back of my car is basically a window! :eek: