Size of Scirocco R spoiler - please help

Everything about the R for potential owners.
kenti
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Size of Scirocco R spoiler - please help

Post by kenti »

Hi all,

I was wondering if one of you kind rocco R owners could do me a big favour. I need to know to size of the Scirocco R spoliler.

See the picture below (hope it's okay that I have borrowed you pic, Georgeous!). Can someone give me the answer of X in centimeters (preferable) or inches?

It would have been great if someone also could give me the measurements for the standard Scirocco spoiler.

Many thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Re: Size of Scirocco R spoiler - please help

Post by kenti »

Can really no one help me out with this? :(
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

I cant find a ruler or I would go outside and measure it for you :P
Solar Orange TT RS
Anakin
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

31.5cm
thats the Ruler placed flat on the spoiler
Solar Orange TT RS
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Dare we ask why ?
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

The R spoiler is discontinued btw if the plan was to buy and fit the item, stopped being used in new production from WK38. So all scirocco's now have the same spoiler.
kenti

Post by kenti »

Thanks a lot, Anbakin!
I just found out that the standard spoiler is 27cm.

182_blue and bOrk:
Yep, that's exactly why I'm doing a little bit of "checking" now. I read on this forum that the "R"s will have the standard spoiler from nov 2010, which means this apply for us that has the R-Line kit ordered. With this info in hand contacted my dealer the other day, and was told that the roof spoiler in the R-Line kit i ordered won't "R" since the factory is empty till next summer (this goes for all real "R"s too as you say). I was told that the kit would contain the "R"-spoiler.
My dealer forwared my question to the product manager for Scirocco in VW Norway, and he confirmed this and the reason was that there wouldn't be any roof R-spoilers available before summer next year (which would mean that it's only temporarely discontinued). The product manager also said that the difference was absolutely minimal, which of course he says since they have put another spoiler on my car without even informing me. I agree that it's not an enormous difference between the two spoilers, but from what I have seen on pictures the "R"-spoiler adds something to the car, and to me that's a "big" difference. After all, I did order and pay for the "R"-spoiler on my car!

So I have already suggested for my dealer that I want the "R" roof spoiler fitted on my car when it gets available (at VWs cost of course). He said he had to do some checking, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with that case. I did order a new car for a reason, which is getting it exactly as I want, so I will hassle the dealer a bit with this spoiler case :mad: Espesially since their (VW) plans was to not tell me at all, and hope I didn't catch sight of it!
kenti

Post by kenti »

So I have already suggested for my dealer that I want the "R" roof spoiler fitted on my car when it gets available (at VWs cost of course). He said he had to do some checking, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with that case. I did order a new car for a reason, which is getting it exactly as I want, so I will hassle the dealer a bit with this spoiler case :mad: Espesially since their (VW) plans was to not tell me at all, and hope I didn't catch sight of it!

Well, actually talked to the dealer again today regarding the R-spoiler. I don't know what part VW has in this, but the dealer said they (the dealer) would mount the R-spoiler on my rocco for free when the spoiler is available again! Great service!! :clap:
whatup
In: Viper Green
Options: R-Line interior + exterior, bixenon, rcd510, black windows, rear mirror pack, rear assist

Post by whatup »

i got the same problem.. my rocco rline produced 6th week, has a "normal" spoiler.. 27cm... i hope to solve this problem.. im from italy..
whatup
Options: R-Line interior + exterior, bixenon, rcd510, black windows, rear mirror pack, rear assist

Post by whatup »

does anyone knows a number of comunication from vw to inform all dealers that the spoiler will be changed in warranty?! thanks
juniorbanks
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Post by juniorbanks »

Chungster spotted this the other day when his R was next to my GT ... VW UK want £265 + paint & fitting (part #1K8071646GRU) i'll think i'll stick with the stock one !!
kenti

Post by kenti »

whatup:
You'll have to confront your dealer about the spoiler issue. My dealer didn't even know that VW decided to change to the R-spoiler in the R-line pack before I told them I'd read about it on this forum. I don't know whether VW has any plans for changing the spoiler under warranty, but I doub't it. As for all I know their plan was just to use the standard spoiler without telling anyone.. But thanks to the forum I found out and I told the dealer I wouldn't accept beeing "tricked" by VW changing the spoiler without telling me.

My dealer eventually said they'd change to the R-spoiler at no cost for me, so I'm pleased with that!
whatup

Post by whatup »

i wrote yesterday to palmela and germany.. i hope a response.. its impossible that vw italy dont knows nothing.. vw italy replied to my dealer questions with saying that all the cars in theyre car-park are with the 27cm spoiler.. its unbelievable...
juniorbanks
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Post by juniorbanks »

But do their cars have the RLine pack? As that sounds like they just have stock 1.4's & GT's in the carpark :shrug:
whatup

Post by whatup »

right juniobanks.. but the thing is that in vw italy is in "verona" and verona is in northern of italy, the cars arrives in italy by ships which discarge the cars southern of verona.. so in verona they see only the cars which arrives northern than verona :) so it can be they see only normal sciroccos.. i dont know.. i hope to have a reply from vw italy.. but they are saying that nowhere its wrote that the rline has another spoiler from the "normal one" -.-" i payed 1500 euro's for a s... r-line kit compes of 5 pieces.. rearlight, front/rearbumper, wheels and sideskirts... its a shame...
kenti

Post by kenti »

It's essential to know if the cars the dealer has checked has the R-Line pack, or actually are Scirocco Rs. As you know they are the only ones that had the larger roof spoiler.

That said, I doubt that any new cars of those has the larger spoiler anyway now, since VW has stopped producing it for the moment. Do you have it written somewhere that the spoiler in the R-line kit you ordered has the larger R-spoiler? If not, I believe you have a bad case unfortunately. I haven't checked, but I assume VW has removed it from the spec for the R-line and Scirocco R now since they actually cannot obtain the spoiler these days.

The main reason that I was able to get my dealer to agree fitting the new R-spoiler for free when it's available again is that I had an e-mail from the salesman that specified what the R-line pack consisted of before I ordered the car. Part of that spec was the larger R-spoiler.

It'll be interesting to know what answer you get, whatup!