IPOD Noticed Problems With Media-in

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Danscirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

IPOD Noticed Problems With Media-in

Post by Danscirocco »

KNOWN ISSUES TO IPOD USERS (all versions)

-Slight stutter when mix activated and playing into next song,(not when manually skipping)
-The roc system activates REPEAT on your IPOD.Even when Repeat is not active on roc system(when unplugged REPEAT will be active on IPOD)
-When selecting an album to play (in album view) it plays the wrong album.
-Doesn't recognise the ipod and just shows AUX. Workaround to get working is to unplug,reboot the ipod, then plug back in.
-Doesn't always update the screen with the new artist/track name.
-If you play an album from album view (on mix) it still mixes all artists songs, however go into the album (so only songs on album are viewed) then it only mixes album.

This is all annoying because the IPOD interface is so easy to use, however the Rocs one isnt and very fiddly.
Cheers in advance for any help given.
The scirocco is one awesome car, I LOVE IT especially in cany white!!!
Regards DAN
Last edited by Danscirocco on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Danscirocco

Re: IPOD Noticed Problems With Media-in

Post by Danscirocco »

No ones having this then :shrug: only me. lol

oh yeah by the way how does the leaving home lights work.
Ive got mine activated for 20secs and they dont come on at night when i unlock the car?! :(

anyhelp would be appreciated ta
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

sorry Dan :welcome:

I can't say i've noticed any problems but I haven't used my ipod in the car that much. I believe you need to flash the lights before exiting the car to activate the feature but hopefully someone can confirm this or correct me..

S
Danscirocco

Post by Danscirocco »

Cheers for the welcome and the reply mate :)
i meant the system when you approach the car (not leaving the car) i may have got the wrong name, sorry.
Dan
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

hmm not sure then, hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can help there.

hope you're enjoying the car anyway

S
Danscirocco

Post by Danscirocco »

So no-one with an ipod lead has noticed a slight skip, when jumping to next (mixed) track???

please its bugging the hell outta me lol
cheers
alanstead
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

Hi Dan, mine dont do that, but remember someone mentioning a jump before. I think its to do with the settings in your itunes, something to do with continuous play? Just had a look, think it may be to do with if you have "cross fade songs" active? I'm no itunes expert, but what I mean is when your tunes are played back in itunes, do they fade from one song to another or does the music stop, then the next song starts? If they fade from one to another I think that may be your prob. Not sure why, but def remember this being covered before, but could have been over on Central, cant remember. Do a search for ipod issues and I'm sure you'll find it somewhere.

Alan
montstable
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, 19in alloys, DSG, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors and Sunroof

Post by montstable »

Hi Dan,

I have exactly the same problems. Small skip after a song is left to play into the next, and when selecting a particular album by an artist it plays all the albums by that artist instead of the one I selected. A little annoying, however not enough yet to warrant a trip to the dealers.

If you find a fix let me know!

Montstable

P.S. I'm using an iPhone 3G
Danscirocco

Post by Danscirocco »

oh monstable and alan thank you for your posts, i was thinking i was the only one and started to panic.
ill keep searching the net, and ill be sure to post any findings here, cos as you say its not worth the hassle for a trip to dealers but, its annoying as hell lol

Regards dan
marksmith34
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Leather, Cruise Control

Post by marksmith34 »

I have exactly the same problem with skipping at the start of tracks. But i also have a problem where every so often it doesn't recognise the ipod and just shows AUX (I keep the ipod plugged in all the time). The only way i can get it working is to unplug, reboot the ipod, then plug back in.
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

I get this skip as well. In fact yesterday I selected all tracks by a particular artist (in this case I only had two songs) and while one plays perfectly fine the second one always has the skip when it starts. Very strange.
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

I sometimes get a skip or stutter at the start but not on all tracks.

I also sometimes get the situation where it doesn't update the screen with the new artist/track name. But that fixes on the next one.
Danscirocco

Post by Danscirocco »

oh there seems to be a number of us with this "stutter" problem.

I wonder if it would be worth while writing/emailing to VW?! :rolleyes:

ANOTHER SMALL ISSUE (not that bad but..)
-When i unplug my IPOD, it seems to have (the ipod) the repeat function turned on, even though i dont even have it on, on
the rocs system, weird. Like it keeps turning it on automatically. Annoying as i have to keep disabling on my ipod, when at
work :(

UPDATED FIRST POST WITH LIST OF ISSUES HOPE THIS HELPS AND ANYMORE I WILL ADD
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Post by MKAndy »

I get all those issues too, but I use my iPhone, rather than iPod.

Also. it seems to repeat the same tracks over and over, also I've noticed that with my old Alpine I could go back through the list of songs when on Mix mode, however with the RCD510 it mixes backwards too, so I can't go back to the previous song
JIrwin1982

Post by JIrwin1982 »

Hi I have this problem too!! Another one bites the dust! Scirocco GT DSG, RCD510 system, using iPhone 3G. The beginning of every track skips. I also experience a problem now and again that I cant skip a track and go to the next one. The only way around this is to unplug my iPhone and plug it back in. Its so annoying...

Are VW aware of this?

James
thebeast1234
Options: Electric adjust drivers seat, rear sensors, sat nav, leather.

Post by thebeast1234 »

Yes, finally, I have had my Scirocco for 6 months now and noticed all these problems with my iPod from day one, I did raise a topic on here then but no-one seemed to have the same issue, I have tried 3 different iPods and they all respond the same:
Main problems being:

More often than not it will attempt to play the song I was previously playing but will time out and come up with 'Media In: Device w/out function', or just put up 'Aux', disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod generally works, occasionally I do have to reboot the iPod.
I have also found that it doesn't always charge the iPod even though it is always plugged in.
I get the issue were it doesn't update the track info when it moves to the next track.
I also find that I get a clicking when de-ccelerating from speed, if the volume is high this is very noticeable.
Regularly the system takes an extended time to start up, i.e. it will sit there saying System is Staring, this varies, sometime it comes on straight away, other times it takes upto 40 secs.

It is a shame as I am so happy with everything else on the Roc, it is very frustrating, I've currently got it in for service today with VW and have asked them to check out all the above issues, my betting is that they come back with nothing, but I'm going to persevere with this as it's annoying me to death.
Does anyone have contacts within VW that can raise this on our behalf?????
robmx
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors.

Post by robmx »

I'm glad i've seen this, I have the problem with the ipod not connecting intermittently, but I was sure it was a faulty lead as the clasp on one side of my lead has broken. Having to reconnect my iphone 3 or 4 times before I set off anywhere is getting slightly annoying now. I've also had the problem with the phone not charging whilst connected.

Hopefully this can get sorted when I take the car in for the list of niggles i'm slowly accumulating.

I wonder if this/these problems could/will be addressed in a firmware update to the headunits.
Danscirocco

Post by Danscirocco »

Ive emailed VW with this problem list and ill post the outcome guys.
thebeast1234
Options: Electric adjust drivers seat, rear sensors, sat nav, leather.

Post by thebeast1234 »

OK, I've got the Roc back from it's first service, they said they have completed a software update for the headunit, this certainly seems to have improved the problem but it hasn't completely cured it, it has failed to play once in the last 3 days with me having to unplug and plug in again to kick it off, I'll keep an eye on it and let you know how I get on, seems like they haven't nailed it down yet though.
John123
In: Salsa Red
Options: Leather, sunroof, xenon headlights, sat nav, steel door plates

Post by John123 »

I've had this problem since picking up the car two weeks ago. Having chatted with my dealer I took the car in for them to have a look at and they have "found" a fault with the system which he claims is a known issue with the Media interface. Car booked in next week to be fixed, will let you know how it goes.