More Bluetooth & RNS510 questions….

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
TheVWDoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

More Bluetooth & RNS510 questions….

Post by TheVWDoc »

So, I’ve just bought a 2010 Scirocco GT for my daughter. It seems to have all the bells & whistles including 2-Tone leather interior and an RNS510 with Dynaudio, Bluetooth and MMI interface in the armrest.

The issue we are having is that the iPhones we all have are not supported by the Bluetooth.

Is this a swappable module for a “newer” unit from a Golf or similar? If so what am I looking for please?

Thanks for the advice
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: More Bluetooth & RNS510 questions….

Post by Cuprabob »

If its the OEM BT module it's located under the driver's seat in a polystyrene box and yes can be swapped for a later version which should support your phone. Apologies, I don't know part number module you require as there are many and to be honest it's a bit of a minefield.
TheVWDoc

Post by TheVWDoc »

Thank you Cuprabob - i was thinking that I have also a 2013 Beetle with the RNS315 - so i could see if the modules are the same (plug) ans swap the Beetle one for the Scirocco one, then i have a part number to search for too
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Sadly, that's not an option. The RNS315 has integrated BT and as such there is no external module.
TheVWDoc

Post by TheVWDoc »

Ah ha! No problems at all - hopefully someone will come along with an idea of a part number or two.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

You could look into getting the highest revision of part number 7P6 035 730 E The letter "E" at the end is the revision and it goes to the next letter when it's updated. The highest I've seen is "N". It's worth having a look at the part number and revision that is currently fitted.
TheVWDoc

Post by TheVWDoc »

Cheers Cuprabob
Funnily enough I’ve done that today - I did loads of looking and searching and I found a Rev J
It should be here by the weekend - fingers crossed It works ok