Cars in with VW again

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
dchuraman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Cars in with VW again

Post by dchuraman »

Dunno if this has happened to anyone else, got into my car this morning, put key in the ignition and turned one click. all the electrics went crazy! windows went down and then back up and when they went up and hit the seal, they popped down then up then down...then up, really quickly. did this for about 30 seconds before i turned ignition off, probably went up and down about 100 times. also radio was flashing on and off at the same rate. then the windows stopped working all together.
needeless to say its straight back in with VW, also because my passenger seat backrest adjustment has seized up too.

Hope its nothing too major! I asked them about a recall for the turbo noise too but they said there is nothing on the system about it
pat15312
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Gloss black 19" RS4s; GT Spec; Leather; RNS510 & Dynaudio; rSAP; Alloy pedals & sills; Gloss black plastics; Revo Select+; H&R 35mm springs & 10mm spacers; Forge FMIC, Intake, BOV, Quickshift; Milltek T/back, Sports cat & Downpipe.

Re: Cars in with VW again

Post by pat15312 »

sounds like your scirocco is haunted
222bhp & 340Nm
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

I don't think its meant to do that :eyepop:
inimic

Post by inimic »

I'd watch out...

stan_blade
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Front lux mats, rear rubber mats, Sat Nav, Pano roof, Auto Glym, GT st-wheel badge, Prem door sills, Boot liner, Metal Pedals.
23k miles and rising. Stone chips galore.

Post by stan_blade »

I had the problem with the windows jigging up and down for 20-30 seconds from turning on and pulling away, this happened after about 1 to 2 months of ownership, and didn't happen everytime I got in the car. Did not get the stereo thing though.
It took 3 visits to the dealer to figure out it was a faulty ignition switch, the dealer first of all thought it was the cold winter causing the windows to become misalligned, and they just reset the window system. I also did some digging on google and read that some guy had the same problem on an EOS.
amjpedersen
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, sunroof, winter pack, comfort pack...

Post by amjpedersen »

Actually saw the window thing briefly this morning - wasn't sure if it was due to steering lock being stuck briefly whilst key in ignition? Windows have been a little temporamental at times, although i think majority of this was due to sticky seals - bit of silicon spray helped on this...
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

stan_blade wrote:I had the problem with the windows jigging up and down for 20-30 seconds from turning on and pulling away, this happened after about 1 to 2 months of ownership, and didn't happen everytime I got in the car. Did not get the stereo thing though.
It took 3 visits to the dealer to figure out it was a faulty ignition switch, the dealer first of all thought it was the cold winter causing the windows to become misalligned, and they just reset the window system. I also did some digging on google and read that some guy had the same problem on an EOS.
Thanks for the reply, it sounds like thats exactly what it would be, ill have to let them know so they can check it. Thanks a lot
stan_blade
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Front lux mats, rear rubber mats, Sat Nav, Pano roof, Auto Glym, GT st-wheel badge, Prem door sills, Boot liner, Metal Pedals.
23k miles and rising. Stone chips galore.

Post by stan_blade »

No problem, hope you get it fixed. It was quite embarrasing when this happened in a busy carpark :oops:

Just to add that a further symptom to what I already commented.
- when removing the key from ignition the windows would not always drop the ~1cm
true
Options: .
Heated Anthracite Leather
RNS-510 with 6 CD changer
17" Spa alloy wheels
Premium mats
Covered cupholder
Debadged rear
Cruise control

Post by true »

I've noticed the rapid window jiggle once when the key was part turned in the ignition switch. Hasn't happened again since though.
Xcal
Options: Highline Plus (Panoramic Roof, Climatronic, Cruise Control), Advance Pack(Xe Lights, Folding Mirrors), Dynamic Pack(Fog Lights, Tinted Windows, Donington, Alu Pedals, Catch Up Titan Black, Premium Mats), Tyre Leak Indicator, Premium Phone Pack, No Tags, Alarm, Parking Sensors

Post by Xcal »

stan_blade wrote:It was quite embarrasing when this happened in a busy carpark :oops:
Could make a nice spoof of this commercial though ;)

[youtube][/youtube]
And the wait continues... :kickcan:
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

Mine has starting doing this too. Although it only drops once and returns straight away.Was only doing it every now and then but it is happening all the time now. also passenger side rear speaker has developed a rattle when giving the volume knob a beating. A visit to the dealers is imminent me thinks. :( :( :(
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

silver130 wrote:Mine has starting doing this too. Although it only drops once and returns straight away.Was only doing it every now and then but it is happening all the time now. also passenger side rear speaker has developed a rattle when giving the volume knob a beating. A visit to the dealers is imminent me thinks. :( :( :(
thats how mine started :shrug:

anyway update from the dealer is faulty ignition switch!
true
17" Spa alloy wheels
Premium mats
Covered cupholder
Debadged rear
Cruise control

Post by true »

Out of interest, which dealer is that with? I'm in South bucks too.
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

its citygate in high wycombe, where are you?
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

true wrote:I've noticed the rapid window jiggle once when the key was part turned in the ignition switch. Hasn't happened again since though.
it should officially be called the 'rapid window jiggle'!
true
17" Spa alloy wheels
Premium mats
Covered cupholder
Debadged rear
Cruise control

Post by true »

dchuraman wrote:its citygate in high wycombe, where are you?
Haha, my car is in there today!
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

really? when you getting it? mine should be ready later today i hope? where do you live? wycombe?
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

got my car back, all sorted with a new ignition switch, and the raspy noise on acceleration has also gone after they replaced the felt strips under the window scuttle panel, no all i hear is the turbo wisp, much better!

True, i saw your car there too, looks good
nickp
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

dchuraman wrote:got my car back, all sorted with a new ignition switch, and the raspy noise on acceleration has also gone after they replaced the felt strips under the window scuttle panel, no all i hear is the turbo wisp, much better!

True, i saw your car there too, looks good

Are you saying that they cured your whistling turbo by soundproofing your car with felt strips so you can't hear the noise any more? :?
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

no i didnt have a whistling turbo, i had a raspy noise at certain revs, turns out it was the scuttle panel vibrating and not being dampened