Rear View Camera

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
GiannisA
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Re: Rear View Camera

Post by GiannisA »

bianco wrote:Please enlighten the rest of us - how-to or pics pretty please!
My friend Bianco, it is easy.
At first you have to connect 3 cables of the Kufatec loom to your car :
1. The cable marked with “steady plus” (or RED colored) must be pulled to the fuse box & connected at a free +12V position with a separate fuse (5A).
2. The cable marked with “ground” (or BLACK colored) must be connected to a suitable ground point.
3. The last cable marked with “pin 28” (or YELLOW colored) must be connected to BCM connector , outlet C (is the brown connector) to pin 28 (Blue/black wiring color). From this one, loom gets the reverse signal. (In order to be sure that you have found the correct point, you can check that in this cable you must have +12V only when you select reverse).
Image Image

About the problem of the wiring .You have to change the order of the 26pin female connector’s wiring, as is in the diagram. Image
Disassemble the connector Image
carefully remove the pins from the positions that are already installed Image
& re-install them to the correct positions :
• Pin 12 --> Blue
• Pin 13 --> Green
• Pin 24 --> Black (Not need to remove this one, as it must be already in the correct position)
• Pin 25 --> Brown
• Pin 26 --> Orange
Numbers are written on the housing ends like : Image (Don't be confused by this image. It's from the male connector on the back of the RNS, just to see how the numbers are written)

About VCDS coding, you must set :
• Address 10 – Coding - Byte 00 – Bit 5 : select “Rear view camera installed”
• Address 56 – Coding - Byte 03 – Bit 6 : select “Back-up camera low (without control module) installed”
& finally don't forget to "reset" your RNS.

That's all. Hope my post help you to fix your camera.
If you have any further question , just ask me ;)
Last edited by GiannisA on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

If i order the Kufa kit, do i then need to order bracket and holder seperatly from my local Bugatti, i mean VW dealer?
GiannisA
Options: Sport & Style Package , Bi-Xenon , PLB , Car Alarm PLUS , Cruise Control , Park Pilot & Rear View Camera , Bluetooth , Color MFD, RNS-510.

Post by GiannisA »

You don't need to order anything. Everything you need ( like the camera, cable, support bracket & the holder) contained in the kit from Kufatec.
I just send them an e-mail about the problem of the connector's wiring. So if you order a kit from them, maybe you will get it already fixed. If not, you will know what to do anyway :-)
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

Cool :nod:

I'll see if they took Your advise, and let You know :D
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

bianco wrote:Cool :nod:

I'll see if they took Your advise, and let You know :D
KUFATEC replied my e-mail & confirmed the problem :

"In the meantime, we also found the problem. The wiring was made by another company and they swapped the pins".

So , place your order & the cable will be fixed for you :)
bianco

Post by bianco »

GiannisA wrote:So , place your order & the cable will be fixed for you :)
And right You are 8) :
kufcam.jpg
Received it this morning

PS The cable is marked 27/4 2011
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

I think this is the date that they manufactured the loom. I'm sure that they changed the pin order before they sent it to you.
Anyway you can now install it without problem :-)
Enriquez

Post by Enriquez »

16D,

Is there a chance to have complete wiring diagram?
I want to retrofit the camera to the RNS510 and Octavia facelift...
zid

Post by zid »

is there any way to install rvc with the control box? i mean i want the guiding curve when i turn the steering wheel :shrug:
awesum
Options: Pano Roof; Xenons, RNS510; PDC, Revo stage 2, S3 Intercooler

Post by awesum »

zid wrote:is there any way to install rvc with the control box? i mean i want the guiding curve when i turn the steering wheel :shrug:
What are you talking about?

The normal parking lines are always on the screen. Theres no curve when you turn the steering.
johnjm
Options: SatNav (retro), PDC, Votex kit, R-line rear bumper, s/r

Post by johnjm »

awesum wrote:
zid wrote:is there any way to install rvc with the control box? i mean i want the guiding curve when i turn the steering wheel :shrug:

The normal parking lines are always on the screen. Theres no curve when you turn the steering.
Shanil, I have a scirocco RVC on its way, you want it? Im not going to install in my car...
awesum
Options: Pano Roof; Xenons, RNS510; PDC, Revo stage 2, S3 Intercooler

Post by awesum »

Price?
Is it the complete kit?
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

awesum wrote:

I think that he is talking about something like this (Tiguan's RVC)

instead of this
zid

Post by zid »

thank you giannisA. thats what i mean. so any one tried that? :D
johnjm
Options: SatNav (retro), PDC, Votex kit, R-line rear bumper, s/r

Post by johnjm »

awesum wrote:Price?
Is it the complete kit?
Just the camera, have you gotten quotes for the antenna cable?

R700
yellowplum
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Post by yellowplum »

Just for clarity, I wanted to check the two items listed on the site to purchase - the kit is all you would require to install the camera on the car if you have the RNS510, nothing extra will be required?
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

yellowplum wrote:Just for clarity, I wanted to check the two items listed on the site to purchase - the kit is all you would require to install the camera on the car if you have the RNS510, nothing extra will be required?
If you mean from Kufatec :
The kit has all the parts that you need for the installation (camera, cable, support bracket & the holder).
The other option is to buy only the cable from Kufatec and all the other parts from VW dealer.
yellowplum
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Post by yellowplum »

GiannisA wrote:
yellowplum wrote:Just for clarity, I wanted to check the two items listed on the site to purchase - the kit is all you would require to install the camera on the car if you have the RNS510, nothing extra will be required?
If you mean from Kufatec :
The kit has all the parts that you need for the installation (camera, cable, support bracket & the holder).
The other option is to buy only the cable from Kufatec and all the other parts from VW dealer.

Yes that is what I ment, thanks for the clarification - I will look into it
benja

Post by benja »

Hi! I got the Camera with part #: 1K8 980 551; now I'm looking for the connecting cable, BUT the one with part #3M1 970 161 AC doesn't exhist!

Can anybody tell me with wich part I can replace it?

I found the part #5M1 970 161 AC, but dealer told me it's the aerial cable!, is he right?
GiannisA

Post by GiannisA »

Hi,
You have two options :

1. You can keep 1K8 980 551 camera (Scirocco's OEM camera) and buy Kufatec's cable:
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info ... n-Low.html
(3M1 970 161 AC Video cable does't exist. That's mean the cable for rear camera is included on an Master Central Cable on Scirocco...and to get the rear camera cable you need to change this master central cable)

OR

2. Replace your camera with 5K0 980 551 camera (Golf's OEM camera) and buy 5M1 970 161 AC (Golf's OEM Video cable)
5M1 970 161 AC is just a video cable. In this case you need extra custom made loom for a 12v+ switched live, earth and reverse pick-up feed.

In both cases remember that you also need : 3W0 807151: End Cap & 3W0 807 210: Support

P.S. Your Polo looks very nice Ben :clap: