Changing speedometer

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Tcherno25
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Changing speedometer

Post by Tcherno25 »

Hi, sorry if i made some mistake but i'm french.

I just want to know if someone try to change the speedometer on MY2009 by the one in MY2010 ??

(I've try the search button and only find this one, talk about the speedometer of a golf 5 GTI
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ter#p34991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

The connector are the same on the two speedometer (my2009 and my2010) ?

I want to do that mod but need some information, thanks.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Changing speedometer

Post by trix »

Tcherno

what are you trying to achieve? are you wanting the white mfd rather than the red?

S

[change swap mfd multifunction display]
Tcherno25

Post by Tcherno25 »

Yes
mantzas
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: RNS 510 sat nav, rear view camera, parking sensors, media-in

Post by mantzas »

The tacho goes with the car. It has a memory that keeps the miles etc. It's aslo coded and if you change it you must go to a dealer to code it for you. Not an easy vag-com thing. I don't think there would be a compatibility issue between the new and old tacho. It's just that coding thing!
Dimitris
Tcherno25

Post by Tcherno25 »

ok, so if i've the VAGCOM cable, i can do it easily ???
mantzas
Options: RNS 510 sat nav, rear view camera, parking sensors, media-in

Post by mantzas »

No,it needs the vw to code it.
Dimitris
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Someone was trying to do this with an R tacho, it explains it quite nicely there ( http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =38&t=5444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) to surmise though & build on what mantaz has said, it is not DIY codeable as vw need to code it to transfer the correct mileage/service interval etc across from the old one to the new & it is inputted from their systems & records, I don't believe that would be possible just with vagcom.

S
RW1
Legend
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Not possible in VCDS (VAG-COM) to code, as this is about the immobiliser and linking the ignition key/Scirocco engine ECU. The immobiliser is part of the instrument cluster.

If VCDS could do it, it would defeat the whole point of the security. And also, the change has to be justified before an authorisation is released. So fitting an instrument cluster to the car which is not the original direct replacement part may not be authorised by Audi Ingolstadt, Germany.

If authorisation is granted, the replacement instrument cluster has to be "adapted" by the VAS5051 linked on-line using the FAZIT system in Germany. VCDS cannot do this.

(FAZIT - Fahrzeugauskunft und zentrales Identifikations Tool. Translated - Vehicle Information & Identification Tool. The Scirocco uses the "Immobilser 4" security.)

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
snipe94

Post by snipe94 »

it's really impossible ?