Volkswagen Finance PCP Deal

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Volkswagen Finance PCP Deal

Post by ABN1C »

I was having a play around with the Volkswagen Finance online calculator and for once it's actually got a half decent Scirocco deal. It describes the offer as "Solutions - Scirocco 7.9% PCP Q2/Q3 2010".

The APR varies depending on what you enter, but is around 7.7%. It's worth having a play around with the calculator if your car is due or you are ordering soon.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/finance/calculator
Vibester
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Re: Volkswagen Finance PCP Deal

Post by Vibester »

Thats what they have just put me on with my R... initially the had quoted me on standard plans, then rang back day after and gave me this... happy days
thecrofter
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Post by thecrofter »

A couple of years ago when was thinking of PCP deals, Marks & Spencers did a Car Buying Plan similar to a PCP (with baloon payment) but the upside being you weren't tied to any mileage limitations. Might be worth a look.

http://money.marksandspencer.com/loans/ ... /overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
Dogzyboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
Options: Aluminium Pedals, Premium Sills, Luxury Mats, Chrome Tailpipes

Post by Dogzyboy »

Vibester wrote:Thats what they have just put me on with my R... initially the had quoted me on standard plans, then rang back day after and gave me this... happy days
Yeah, same happened to me. It's saving me over 600 sheets! :)
rocafella
Options: pearl deep black,folding mirrors,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors, ss pedals.

Post by rocafella »

Picking mine up on friday, Dealer called today and left a message to say he has got me a better deal for the finance 9.4% down to 7.7% :yes:
cat69uk

Post by cat69uk »

Rockafella, do you mind me asking which dealer? I'm in Newcastle and have looked at Carrs Hexham and Benfield Silverlink.

Cheers.
denmade
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by denmade »

ABN1C wrote:I was having a play around with the Volkswagen Finance online calculator and ...
ABN1C can I take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU!! :clap:

Having read your post yesterday got in touch with my dealer and...

Previous PCP agreement: 42 months @ £429 per month, 12K miles

NEW DEAL: 36 months @ £378 per month, 14K miles :grin:

You are officially my new best friend - whithout seeing your post I would have been mugged! :cry:
cat69uk

Post by cat69uk »

Denmade, I'm struggling on a decent deal.....I can see your spec in your profile, do you mind me asking the total cost of the car, anything to help we with leveraging my local. Cheers.
ABN1C
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

denmade wrote:ABN1C can I take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU!! :clap:
That's great news. It's a good job I'm sad enough to waste time playing about with things like that.
denmade

Post by denmade »

cat69uk wrote: I'm struggling on a decent deal.....
Paid FULL 'on the road' list price for my 'Roc - dealer wouldn't budge on discount due to scappage allowance.

£24'000 - £2'000 scrappage - £2000 cash deposit = £20'000 on PCP.

'Apology pack' was a nice touch for some 'communication issues'.

Scrappage works out at about 8% discount which is roughly what i'm told you should be aiming for.

BUT it depends on the dealer. Given the lack of stock cars and lead time of factory orders the dealers seem to have the upper hand. The high price retention for 2nd hand 'Rocs also makes this worse.

Good luck with your negotiating :driver:
rocafella
Options: pearl deep black,folding mirrors,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors, ss pedals.

Post by rocafella »

cat69uk
Sorry for the late reply, i have been running around like an idiot sorting things out for fri,
I bought the car from benfield silverlink, got most of the options thrown in and a half decent part ex, good luck :yes:
cat69uk

Post by cat69uk »

Cheers Roc and Den, all helps! I've gone via a broker I know and am having more joy than direct!
rocafella

Post by rocafella »

nice one, keep us informed.
picking mine up at 1130 today, feels like christmas day yippee :D :D :D
denmade

Post by denmade »

cat69uk wrote:I've gone via a broker I know and am having more joy than direct!
Glad to hear it cat69uk :yes:

Unfortunately my deal bombed out today - 'small print issue' - scirocco solutions 7.9% cannot be used in conjunction with scrappage scheme!

Was completely gutted when business manager told me - thought i would have to go back to old deal, however...

... As VW don't make it particuarly clear ... they managed to find me a similar deal, same conditions but £400 pcm instead :shrug:

Still happy as it remains a significant saving on my original deal :driver:
cat69uk

Post by cat69uk »

Thanks for the input guys, sadly I'm not joining the clan....

Sensible head came on and I've bought a 07 Mk5 Golf GTI with only 17,000 miles. £13,650, good deal I thought. Anyway, maybe in a year, a Roc will be mine.

Cheers.
biggles
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Black leather, winter pack,dsg.

Post by biggles »

Before jumping into any finance/pcp deals with dealers give yorkshire bank a go. Find the number for their "asset finance" department and get a quote for a personal car loan with balloon payment. They are one of the few banks who do balloon payments and are virtually always cheaper than car dealers.

I used to be in the motor trade and used to hate people getting quotes from them as they undercut us everytime!! If you are desperate to go with the dealer then at least get quotes from elsewhere and get them to match, dealers are the dearest source of finance and can ALWAYS reduce the rates if it gets them the deal!!!
ABN1C

Post by ABN1C »

biggles - in the past personal loan rates have always been a cheaper way of finding car finance, but in the current market it's no longer the case. The 7.7% APR Volkswagen are offering is excellent.
pishpashposh

Post by pishpashposh »

i wouldn't trust vw after a sales guy quoted me an apr of 4.2% when that was blatantly a lie as he was talking about flat rate.

be careful when going for a pcp as you also need to keep an eye on the balloon payment amount as well, if its high it will reduce monthly payments but it will cost you if you come to sell at the end. carselect beat the balloon pamynet on VW and have a competitive interest rate.