What Model? v2.0

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

What model have your ordered or are driving?

Manual
19%
DSG
17%
Scirocco 1.4 TSI 160PS
18%
Scirocco 2.0 TDI 140PS
3%
Scirocco GT 2.0 TDI 140PS
7%
Scirocco GT 2.0 TDI 170PS
10%
Scirocco GT 2.0 TSI 200PS (210)
24%
Scirocco R
4%

Total votes: 825

Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

What Model? v2.0

Post by Kev »

What model are you driving or have on order?
You can choose from manual and DSG and then your model type.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: What Model? v2.0

Post by RW1 »

Very impressed with the 1.4TSI and DSG. Upto the test drives and a well spec'd basic car without the options.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

As a newbie here, I'm not sure if this has already been discussed but, for all us non-UK users, any chance Admin would consider adding an option of for the 1.4 Tsi 122bhp model available in other markets (e.g. Republic of Ireland, etc, etc)?

But maybe it's already been discussed/decided that the 122bhp is not a "real" Scirocco :shrug:

thanks,
T.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

unfortunately adding any other options would negate the votes already cast.
for all intents & purposes Trooper its a 1.4, like some people have got a 2.0 (200ps) & some have got a 2.0 (210ps)

S
ZephyR
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Hey Kev - you percentages are flawed. I think you should have one rating for the transmission type and another for engine type.
Manual drivers represent about 66% of cars not 28% (as it is at present).
Sorry :)
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

trix wrote:unfortunately adding any other options would negate the votes already cast.
for all intents & purposes Trooper its a 1.4, like some people have got a 2.0 (200ps) & some have got a 2.0 (210ps)

S
Not a hassle...

Was also going to ask if was possible to have an option for Profile for the 122bhp 1.4 Tsi version, but prob not possible also :? :?
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Trooper wrote:Was also going to ask if was possible to have an option for Profile for the 122bhp 1.4 Tsi version
Doable and done.
Just go to the user control panel and you'll be able to select it.
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Thanks Kev!
Scooby-Doo

Post by Scooby-Doo »

150 cars but only 114 gearboxes :? :? :? what are the missing 36 using ?
a.gerolymbos
In: Shadow Blue

Post by a.gerolymbos »

Scooby-Doo wrote:150 cars but only 114 gearboxes :? :? :? what are the missing 36 using ?
1 speed hamster wheels
youvebinaced
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone System
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
8K HID Dipped Beam (mod)
LED Sidelights (mod)
Tinted Front Windows (mod)

Post by youvebinaced »

a.gerolymbos wrote:
Scooby-Doo wrote:150 cars but only 114 gearboxes :? :? :? what are the missing 36 using ?
1 speed hamster wheels
I definitely forgot to put that mines a manual oops
My car is now for sale, for just £16,000, fair price so please no silly offers :)
marriedblonde
In: Deep Black
Options: Winter pack, 19"'s and a couple of other bits I have forgotten.

Post by marriedblonde »

2.0Tsi here, was supposed to be delivered last year, put back to mid jan and now I am told it will be March. But I do have a miltek exhaust sat ready and waiting to go on...
Married and Blond, yes. Still a guy with a poor taste in user names.

Black GT 2.0Tsi, H&R's, bluefin stage 2 remap, Miltek non-res, evoms intake, AP 4 pot's, forge quickshift, R tail lights, Flux 100w bulbs.
Sam63
Options: Leather seats, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio Soundpack, Mats.
Mods : BCS non -resonated Sports System Cat Back exhaust, H & R Springs and ITG Maxogen CAI, APR Stage 1 & 19" Satin Anthracite BBS CH R's. - Now Sold

Post by Sam63 »

youvebinaced wrote:
a.gerolymbos wrote:
1 speed hamster wheels
I definitely forgot to put that mines a manual oops
I assume the other 35 are using the Fred Flintstone :hyper: feet method
EvilMonkey
Options: Bi-Xenon, Cruise Control, PDC, Arm Rest, Sports Pack, Winter Pack, Media In, RNS310, Hill Hold Control, Electrically foldable Front Mirros, 2Zone Climate Control
My Add-Ons: Winter 8x18", Summer 8,5x19", H&R Coilover Kit Normal Edition (front 40mm/ back 35mm deeper)

Post by EvilMonkey »

I choose the 1.4 DSG. I've been driving automatic cars for the last 7 years and I knew for sure I would never go back to manual. Whoever says you can't be having fun with an automatic simply never tried ;)

The 7-gear DSG nowe on my Rocco is the bomb! It's fast, it picks the perfect gear and it downs your consumption. The sport mode makes the car turn evil and the paddels are fun as well. I especially like the mode that when you're driving in full automatic, you're still able to push the "shift down" paddle to use the engine retarder while going into a corner. Then simply hold the "shift up" paddle for a second and you're back in full automatic. Awesome.

The 1.4 is always referred to as "the sewing machine" by my friends, but after driving the car the name remains only for fun. Everybody is totally turned on: "wow sounds and feels like a 2.0". Since I'm driving in the city a lot, more horse power would've just been a waste. This engine was my economical choice without missing out on the fun of this car. VW also really did an awesome job on the sound design. I can't describe it, you simply have to test drive it. The popping sound the DSG generates while shifting gears is the icing on the cake and makes me grin like a 6 year old, unpacking his christmas presents. :D
Cheers, Lars

Me German, me not speach English very ok.
Kaneis
In: Salsa Red

Post by Kaneis »

Thanks EvilMonkey, that's exactly the model I've ordered and I can't wait!!!! I'm told to expect it in July some time, I don't know how the time will pass...
thecrofter
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Post by thecrofter »

Not sure about the accuracy of the calculations here. Taking the top two options - Manual or DSG. It's got to be one or the other so why doesn't the total add up to 100%?
2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Not everyone has chosen the gearbox when they voted.

Post by avatar157 »

This is my second car with a semi auto transmission and I have to say I really like the DSG, changing up and down just takes a fraction of a second and if you want to overtake it just a gentle poke on the gas and the box responds instantly. The only think that does annoy me with it is is long slow bends it holds the gear far to long letting the revs get up to 3,000 rpm and I find I;m shifting up manually with the paddles.

An observation from the missus was the 2.0 TSI GT sounds like a "Jet taking off" while driving, and I think I understand what she means it's the speed of the gearbox changing up and down without any delay that makes the engine note sound like that.

BTW any other owner find the 2.0 TSI is a bit of an oil burner. I have to top it up with perhaps half a pint per month.
HardTimesUK
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19" Lugano Wheels, Rear Parking Sensors, Truffle Leather, Winter Pack

Post by HardTimesUK »

I'm onto my second Scirocco now. First was a White 2.0 TSI bought at launch. The new is a Black TDI 170 DSG which should have arrived and been ready for me to pick up today but still no sign of it! :(

I had ordered a White Golf GTD DSG in February but it was listed as build week 40 or something which is a complete joke on VW's behalf so I cancelled and went with a Roc again!

Can't wait, it's also got 19" Wheels, Rear Parking sensors, Winter Pack, Media-In and Truffle Leather :D

It's sunny too today, wish that call from my dealer would hurry up!!