Buzzing noise

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
breadman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Pana roof,Dynaudio,DAB,Rear parking sensors

Buzzing noise

Post by breadman »

Hi All

Had my car two weeks now and still smiling , but I have few niggles with the car, when I accelerate I get a buzzing noise from someware around the top of the dashboard (but it may be from someware else its difficult to pin it down while driving) when acelerating, it seems as if its associated with the induction sound thats fed into the cabin on the 170s,anybody else had this problem ? I could do with some ammo before I take it back to VW,it also has the usual creaking sound from the tailgate area.
carlpea
In: Reflex Silver

Re: Buzzing noise

Post by carlpea »

Print off each the threads below and hand them to your dealer to resolve.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... tle#p76194" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ded#p33341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=6448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... adjustment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh and I also had a rattle that ended up being the sunglasses holder in the roof which I resolved myself with some self adhesive anti rattle material between the compartment door and where it presses against when closed.

:)
nosreap77
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: leather, parking sensors. rns510, winter pack, bi xenons, GT Steering wheel badge, aluminum sill covers, Eibachs, k&n air filter

Post by nosreap77 »

My rear view mirror buzzes like that still haven't got round to fixing it. It could be that
Saffer

Post by Saffer »

Breadman, I picked my car up last week and have exactly the same buzzing noise when I put my foot down. Sounds like its coming from the passenger side dashboard. At first I thought it was a speaker. Let us know how you get on resolving it.
breadman

Post by breadman »

Hi all
Stll not sorted,not keen on taking it to the dealers I don't have much faith in them finding the problem had some poor sevice from the dealers here in Birmingham, also I don't want be without the car so still trying tying to find the cause myself but it happens so intermittantly its going to be a hard one to track down, I will let you know how I get on,thanks for your suggestion nosreap77 its not the mirror.
drawface
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: everything that the dealer in Bangkok have which is missing the coming home light and the 3g bluetooth which does not work in a developing country like Thailand very well and the sat nav also.

Post by drawface »

i believe it has something to do with the "Soundaktor" i also had that problem but it comes and goes. Whenever I start up my car i hear it at around 1800 rpm
Deagol
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

My TDi 170 had a metallic rattle from the front end under acceleration, which turned out to be the bonnet stay vibrating at approx 1400 rpm. A bit of foam tucked under the stay cured that !
Baptised with Aerosmith
breadman

Post by breadman »

It seems to be temperature realated as it has not done it once during this warm spell of weather?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Deagol wrote:My TDi 170 had a metallic rattle from the front end under acceleration, which turned out to be the bonnet stay vibrating at approx 1400 rpm. A bit of foam tucked under the stay cured that !
Came across that about the same time a month ago, noting the stay was a loose fit. Added a small section of exterior draft excluder foam 1cm tape to the bonnet stay hook end plastic catch point on the right side. The tape is just enough to make the stay bend forwards centrally against the centre clipping point in the stowed position.
Bonnet Stay Rattle.JPG
Didn't realise until afterwards that the tapping from behind the RCD510 inside the dash was being caused by the bonnet stay. Thought that vibration sound was a loose wire inside the dash vibrating against the dash structure. One of those deceptive vibration noises to track down! Would have had the RCD510 out soon to hunt for it.

C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!