i-pod lead

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Chrisb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors

i-pod lead

Post by Chrisb »

Finally - and after much hassle (see earlier postings) I now have my ipod lead. Free from the dealers. For those who want to know what it looks like/part no etc, I have attached a photo.

A very merry Christmas and happy New Year to all 'roccers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gossa
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Re: i-pod lead

Post by gossa »

hmm, i know there have been a million posts on this bloody thing but my lead is diiferent in that the connection is USB not direct to ipod like yours.

Anyone?
greeper
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Post by greeper »

You should have two leads - Ipod and normal USB. It seems you just have the normal USB cable, so you need to ask your dealer for the ipod lead.
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

greeper wrote:You should have two leads - Ipod and normal USB. It seems you just have the normal USB cable, so you need to ask your dealer for the ipod lead.
Cheers although i'm using a shuffle in there so I need the USB one anyway. Will get the ipod specific one as well.
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

gossa wrote:
greeper wrote:You should have two leads - Ipod and normal USB. It seems you just have the normal USB cable, so you need to ask your dealer for the ipod lead.
Cheers although i'm using a shuffle in there so I need the USB one anyway. Will get the ipod specific one as well.

Just make sure they don't try and charge you for it! :yes:
bigrich
Options: Sat Nav
Parking Sensors

Post by bigrich »

Sorry to bring this thread up again.
Does anyone know what the part number is for the USB lead? - I've just picked up my Roc and have only the iPOD lead.
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

In-car entertainment
– Multi Device Interface (MDI) adaptercable – Mini USB adapter - 000 051 446 A
– Multi Device Interface (MDI) adaptercable – USB adapter - 000 051 446 B (the one supplied with the car)
– Multi Device Interface (MDI) adaptercable – iPod adapter - 000 051 446 C (the one supplied with the car)
– Multi Device Interface (MDI) adaptercable – AUX-in adapter(3.5 mm jack) - 000 051 446 D
bigrich
Options: Sat Nav
Parking Sensors

Post by bigrich »

rehmondo wrote:In-car entertainment
– Multi Device Interface (MDI) adaptercable – USB adapter - 000 051 446 B (the one supplied with the car)
– Multi Device Interface (MDI) adaptercable – iPod adapter - 000 051 446 C (the one supplied with the car)
– Multi Device Interface (MDI) adaptercable – AUX-in adapter(3.5 mm jack) - 000 051 446 D
Cheers! :-D
sara_brea
In: Candy White

Post by sara_brea »

rehmondo wrote:In-car entertainment
hi where abouts is that copied from?

out of interest do you lose anyfunctionality on the headset by using the usb adaptor over the ipod adapator?
chr15

Post by chr15 »

Its from one of the sales brochures.

The ipod won't work if you just plug the normal ipod cable into the USB one supplied with the car, you have to use the official vw ipod cable, that should be supplied with the car, which plugs straight into the bottom of the ipod.
Nindolf
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Can't remember - But I should have ordered the leather!!!!

Post by Nindolf »

I just thought I'd let you know that I'm on my second i-pod lead already....

The fault with the first lead was a break in the cable at the ipod-in end.
Just be mindfull of where you place the iphone / ipod once plugged in.
I was putting it into the armrest all nice and tidy (and out of sight) BUT I wont be doing that with the new lead....

The media socket is so poorly placed, that you can't help but bend the lead into a crap position in order to get the phone stowed.
It's bad both ways - ipod in head first or not - the lead is still bent awkwardly....It's a shame as I've been using the connection religiously since I bought the car back in March - the idea is excellent and the interface with the stereo is the best I've seen. If only they'd have made some kind of cradle like the one in the missus' TT......
alanstead
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

I take it you have to disconnect your ipod regular if its also your fone? I'm hoping my lead wont break cos I hardly ever take the ipod out the car.