My Stage 2 1.4 TSI CAVD Scirocco

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
spuf
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Re: My Stage 2 1.4 TSI CAVD Scirocco

Post by spuf »

As always, looking great!! Hope you enjoy them after getting your licence back.
Happy holidays to everyone :Dx :Dx :Dx :Dx :Dx :Dx
Malox
In: Shadow Blue

Post by Malox »

buy the keys of the scirocco 2015 with red lighting and replace them with those of the golf 7
buy the 549 CH steering unit and the scirocco 2015 airbag cable and the steering wheel will work
for lighting you need to make two small solders
vladandrei51
In: Night Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2
Wossner Forged Pistons
Fox Sportauspuff Quad-Exhaust
VWR VW Racing CAI
3" catless downpipe & 3" catback (custom)
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
NGK U5002 48003 Coil Pack
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

I don't really care about the buttons to be honest with you, even with previous cars I never used them. Got the steering wheel solely for looks and I was well aware the buttons won't work (within simple/affordable means anyway).
Maybe will make them work if I get really bored and get out of ideas.

Do you know if I can make the lighting of the buttons work without any additional parts btw? That would be a nice aesthetic improvement. Do you have a tutorial or something I can provide to someone who can do the solders?
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

Ok, If you were to ask me ~6-12 months ago I would've told you that I will never make such a post but last week I traded my car for an extremely well loaded E60 530d LCI M-pack. I sometimes regret not getting the 535d since I found a nice one in the same price range but after owning the 1.4 TSI and having to do somewhere in the neighborhood of a shit ton of preventive maintenance just to be sure the engine won't blow up, I went with the 530.

As far as the Scirocco is concerned:
- I bought the scirocco specific MFSW buttons but never managed to install them;
- the driver's window stopped working so I had to replace the window regulator (had a really hard time finding one, mind you)
- I replaced the boot stoppers or whatever are those called twice just to realize it was the lack of the spare tire that made my whole boot area rattle.

Now, the car was/is in excellent shape, since the last oil change I did ~5k km, not a lot but mostly was town driving, mostly high revs after oil got to > 75C temp and there was 0 sign of oil consumption or any mechanical issues really, It honestly felt like I could drive to china and back full throttle all the way and not have a single issue.

Now, why I sold the car, in case anyone here is interested or cares:
- the whole car was rattling like C.R.A.Z.Y, especially the last 2 months: driver's seatbelt area (B pillar), where windshield connects with the dash, passager door, FKING BOOT (different rattle :D ), driver's door and also basically everywhere when going on not-perfect roads. It really ruined my driving experience. As stupid as it sounds, this was my number 1 and the most "powerful" reason behind this.
- rust started to appear everywhere, it's like I'm keeping the car in a salt mine.
- I wanted (and managed to get) more fancy things like sunroof, light/rain sensor, high beam assist, big OEM navi screen, bi-xenon, 7-series-like fully electric with memory seats, etc.
- I wanted RWD (I am too scared to touch the DTC button yet :D ).

Although I was and still am sad about no longer having her, my biggest regret is that I didn't sell the car to a car enthusiast so I feel like all the modifications, research, money/time spent, etc, are now without a single meaning.

For anyone reading, I first created this topic to highlight all the modifications you need to make sure your CAVD engine won't blow up on you and also my feedback on some popular ones (de-cat, stage1/2, etc), instead of just having a "journal", so I really hope I was able to help some people if they own a 1.4 TSI from this generation or planning to do so.

Cya in other threads here I suppose :(
ziah777
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Reflex Silver

Post by ziah777 »

Thanks for all your post! Read through your entire thread & worth the reAd.....appreciate the time you took to provide us with your experience & valuable info....icheif by any chance you read this, have you had any MAF problems or intake flap problems in the past? Can't seem to find where they located....
cheers
vladandrei51
Wossner Forged Pistons
VWR VW Racing CAI
S3 intercooler
De-Cat / De-Res
03C906036M Injectors
NGK BKR7EIX Spark Plugs
Revised Timing-Chain

Post by vladandrei51 »

No sweat, I really hope I could someone and show people that twinchargers can be pretty reliable after you replace a part or two.

Unfortunately no :( Never had anything to do with those.
Scirocco3403
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: None.

Post by Scirocco3403 »

vladandrei51 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:40 pm Long time no post.

Got my new front bumper fitted in by the insurance company, everything looks literally good as new :P

In other news, I parked the other day near another scirocco, seems like I was right, the car was definitely lowered by the the previous owner, one less thing I have to worry about :nod:

I also got a forge bov adaptor for the twincharger, the sound is definitely subtle but is there. I was expecting and hoping for something more... obnoxious let's say but for that price, we're good to go.

Installing gave me a little headache after I fitted in the adaptor I can't seem to be able to put back a hose and a pipe (pcv pipe I guess?).

The hose won't get secured because of the DV and if I hook the DV to that sensor or whatever that is and move a little the pipe now the screw won't go in :rolleyes: . At the moment both the pipe and the hose (does anybody has any clue what it does?) look pretty tight but I wouldn't leave them like this.

Any tips?

Lastly, one more pic from the interior at night because I'm personally in love with it

Hi, Im having the same problem as you mentioned,☝🏻
I cable tied it and use some spacer to lift up the little space I need to secure the pcv fitting flat, it was leaking out air out the engine and the oil vapours before.

Do you have any solutions and what fitting did U use to fix it?